I-485 - Case was transferred to a new jurisdiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice. Fingers crossed!

rln8316 I sent you a private message. Need some info from you. Can you please check and respond when you get a chance? Thanks.
    | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

• Originally posted by shiva_82 View Post

When I said they won't issue any GCs this year for EB1,2 & 3, I meant no GCs is expected to be issued for these categories until end of Sep. From Oct a new year starts where there will be new visa numbers available for allocation from DHS. If your date would still be current in Oct then you will get your GC. If your date is not current in Oct visa bulletin, then the chances of getting GC until date is current is very very less.

Hope it's clear. Btw, I'm not an attorney, whatever I shared above is based on my research based on USCIS publications and other news.
      Thanks for your response! Let me share a few more detailed info: I'm on EB2 and my i140 has priority date of 5/28/2021 and was approved on 05/04/2022. Then my i485 was transferred to NBC on July 2022, and I was asked to send my medicals to the Arizona office on August 14, 2022. After that it only got updated to 'Case remains pending' on September 14, 2022 and nothing else after that. Do you happen to know what's next? Can I get my GC in the first weeks of October?
      ​
      ​

Comment

• Originally posted by Stein View Post

Thanks for your response! Let me share a few more detailed info: I'm on EB2 and my i140 has priority date of 5/28/2021 and was approved on 05/04/2022. Then my i485 was transferred to NBC on July 2022, and I was asked to send my medicals to the Arizona office on August 14, 2022. After that it only got updated to 'Case remains pending' on September 14, 2022 and nothing else after that. Do you happen to know what's next? Can I get my GC in the first weeks of October?
        ​
        ​
        If your priority date is current then you can expect to get your GC in Oct. If your date had retrogressed, then unfortunately you will have to wait until your date becomes current again.

Comment

Thanks rln8316 I received the same update today too. I have not submitted my medicals but I'm thinking about scheduling a doctor appointment for getting the medicals. Hopefully will get my medical RFE soon enough. Fingers crossed.
          Hi Shiva- Do you know if transferred to MSC would mean that it was assigned to a FO or they will further transfer to any FO based on our residence?

Comment

• Originally posted by rln8316 View Post

Hi Shiva- Do you know if transferred to MSC would mean that it was assigned to a FO or they will further transfer to any FO based on our residence?
            NBC will further transfer the case to the FO in some cases where it might need an interview or medical or if NBC load is high. Otherwise NBC would adjudicate the case. In your case NBC would adjudicate it. Even if NBC does transfer to a field office, we won't know as it is won't appear as a case status update. USCIS phone agents would know.

Comment

• So the EB1 is still current right in the Oct month? Shiva, you were right about they are not issueing any more GC in the month of Sept. Hopefully with this new year starting, we get our GC soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLAP20 View Post
                So the EB1 is still current right in the Oct month? Shiva, you were right about they are not issueing any more GC in the month of Sept. Hopefully with this new year starting, we get our GC soon.
                Yes, EB1 as of this month is still current for all countries.

Comment

• I am new to this group ... i did hear a friends 485 was approved in the new cycle today.

Also, wanted to check if anyone has similar experience as mine. Both mine and my wife's application was submitted at the same time.

Filed 140,485,AP, EAD at NSC (EB1C) - Oct 21
                  Biometrics completed - Feb 22
                  AP/EAD received - Jun 22
                  140 approved at NSC - Aug 22
                  485 pending

My Wife's 485 moved from NSC to NBC (MO) on 22 Sept 2022 but mine shows the same status as Fingerprints has been taken as of 06 Oct 2022. Does anyone has experience where dependents case moved prior to primary or any reason why this could happen?
                  ​

Comment

• Any updates on your case rln8316 Priyapandian ?

Comment

• Originally posted by AG_Finance View Post
                      I am new to this group ... i did hear a friends 485 was approved in the new cycle today.

Also, wanted to check if anyone has similar experience as mine. Both mine and my wife's application was submitted at the same time.

Filed 140,485,AP, EAD at NSC (EB1C) - Oct 21
                      Biometrics completed - Feb 22
                      AP/EAD received - Jun 22
                      140 approved at NSC - Aug 22
                      485 pending

My Wife's 485 moved from NSC to NBC (MO) on 22 Sept 2022 but mine shows the same status as Fingerprints has been taken as of 06 Oct 2022. Does anyone has experience where dependents case moved prior to primary or any reason why this could happen?
                      ​
                      This is not unheard of but very rare. I believe your case would get picked up soon after.

Comment

If your priority date is current then you can expect to get your GC in Oct. If your date had retrogressed, then unfortunately you will have to wait until your date becomes current again.
                        Thank you for your help! On Oct 8, my status changed to card being produced

- I can't believe it! I think I'm gonna cry haha

Comment

• shiva_82 mine got transferred from LIN to nbc now. It was transferred on 21 sep. now waiting for rfe. How about your case?

Comment

• AG_Finance I have similar timelines. Keep posted further. Currently our 485s in nbc too. Next step believe must to receive rfe. I don’t know when the transfer of soft copy will be to FO. Did you check on ur case if they are in any FO?

Comment

• Congrats on ur gc Stein

Comment

• Originally posted by Priyapandian View Post
                                shiva_82 mine got transferred from LIN to nbc now. It was transferred on 21 sep. now waiting for rfe. How about your case?
                                Mine was transferred to NBC as well but on 28th Sep. Have scheduled my medicals so I can keep it ready when I get my RFE. What is your FO?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X