X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of Status on B2 visa - Marriage based green card - LPR

Hi All,

For a Marriage based green card application
    Sponsor is LPR (Lawful Permanent Resident), Beneficiary have visitor visa (B2) for the US and already married
    1. Can they both apply for a Marriage based Green card, while the beneficiary is in the US on a visitor visa through the Adjustment of Status(AOS) process after 90 days of recent entry to the US?
    2. Is it necessary to have i-130 petition approved before applying for i-485? or can we file asap after i-130 if the date is CURRENT
    3. Will the beneficiary’s stay be considered illegal even after the submission of the Adjustment of Status Process? (because every I-94 is valid only for 6 months)

thanks

shanukmoni
    #1 yes
    #2 No, do concurrent application , sending 130 & 485 together
    #3 not sure , for beneficiary’s married to USC it doesn’t matter. Not sure if same applies when married to LPR
    Marriage Based AOS: USC Married to B2 Visa Holder (Mexico)

AOS Package: I130, I130A, I485, I864EZ

Comment

I-485 needs to be received before I-94 expires. As long as I-485 is officially received before I-94 expires, you can stay in the US for as long as I-485 is pending.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        I-485 needs to be received before I-94 expires. As long as I-485 is officially received before I-94 expires, you can stay in the US for as long as I-485 is pending.
        Thanks for the reply
        one question is that Can I submit I-485 along with I-130 ? Because I heard before submitting I-485, we need to have I-130 approved if married to a LPR ? Any advice on this ?

Comment

Originally posted by lrrc83 View Post
          shanukmoni
          #1 yes
          #2 No, do concurrent application , sending 130 & 485 together
          #3 not sure , for beneficiary’s married to USC it doesn’t matter. Not sure if same applies when married to LPR
          Are you sure that I can file do concurrent filing, If yes #3 won't be a problem. Just confused

Comment

When married to USC it’s no problem. Not sure if same rules apply when married to LPR.
            Marriage Based AOS: USC Married to B2 Visa Holder (Mexico)

AOS Package: I130, I130A, I485, I864EZ

Comment

Originally posted by shanukmoni View Post

Thanks for the reply
              one question is that Can I submit I-485 along with I-130 ? Because I heard before submitting I-485, we need to have I-130 approved if married to a LPR ? Any advice on this ?
              From what I read you can and you need to send I-130 and I-485 together. There is no way that you will get the I-130 approval before the I-94 expires and at that point, I-485 can not be filed.
              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
              ---
              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

From what I read you can and you need to send I-130 and I-485 together. There is no way that you will get the I-130 approval before the I-94 expires and at that point, I-485 can not be filed.
                Hi
                thanks the reply.
                Are you saying that i can file both i130 and I485 together if the visa bulletin says CURRENT for F2A?
                And I can stay in US till the processes are completed?

Comment

Originally posted by shanukmoni View Post

Hi
                  thanks the reply.
                  Are you saying that i can file both i130 and I485 together if the visa bulletin says CURRENT for F2A?
                  And I can stay in US till the processes are completed?
                  yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post

yes
                    newacct Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X