Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with New Green card

So here's my update !
    we went to the interview, the people thrre seems to be very nice , polite and helping applicants.
    I've read some rbad eviews about the securit and the officers , I can promise you that (in my own experience)
    No one was rude!
    the security line was super fast , we pass it within seconds not even minutes.

We went to the 9th floor and we received a yellow paper and were told to go to the 4th floor.

we present the paper and the lady gave us a number.

we went with an attorney!

we waited about 20 min and the officer called our number , we went to the office , told us to raise our hands and start the interview.

I wouldn't say it was questions, it was more like a conversation, we were not separated!

the officer was very nice and welcoming , making us feel very comfortable and i think thats the best way to do it , this way you can focus on the questions or conversation and speak clearly and properly, it was just like a conversation, it was our life story us about our life and living arrangements, confirmed names , dob , jobs etc...

we preload the application so the officer knew it was straightforward case , we has alot of evidence.

the interview was about 30 min , Total time spent I'm the building was about an hour.

few hours later I received a notification case approved and card was ordered.

the officer always on top of the conversation, he or she will know if you lie , somehow they know lol.

if your case is real you have nothing to worry about , provide every single evidence from your collection!
    sit together, memories moments together,.

Here's my dilemma lol .
    I really want to go with my wife to my country but she can't go until the summer but ii dont want to wait till the summer specially with this covid restriction and nobody knows when they close. Open pr whatever each country want to do with covid policy so I rather go now.

I received my card and I'm thinking about traveling to my County to see my family for 3 weeks or so.

my only concern is if they will deny my entry bevause i overstayed my visa snd wotk without authorization and because my wife did not go with me to my country , besides the fact she cant leave her job until the summer i dont think we can afford 2 flight tickets at this point , my. Sister would buy me the ticket and were also not sure if they going to add more restriction due to covid.

is it too early to travel with the new green card by myself ?
    Should I expect sny delays or deny entry to the us?

Do you actually understand the privileges associated with a green card? the 2 biggest privilege a green card offers are working legally and travel without restrictions. You just make sure you do not stay out of the country for more than 6 month or 1 year without prior USCIS authorization. No body care if you travel or not Now if you have a conditional green card, be very careful because it comes with its own restriction but be able to leave and reenter the country freely is not one of them.
    05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
    05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
    05/27 resubmitted with explanation
    06/03 Rejected again-same reason
    06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
    07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
    07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
    08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
    08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
    09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
    10/02 EAD/AP received
    04/12 Interview Sched
    05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

I dont have conditional green card its 10 years card .
      but thank you for your comment ????

Comment

My concern was because I violate the terms of the visitor visa and I worked illegally, is that something I need to worry about when entering back to usa ?
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Loman669 View Post
          My concern was because I violate the terms of the visitor visa and I worked illegally, is that something I need to worry about when entering back to usa ?
          thanks
          No. It will not affect your entry while you have a green card.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

thanks
            You already have the green card. That should not be a problem to reenter the Country. Working with authorization and overstayed your visa is more problematic before you get your Green Card.
            05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
            05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
            05/27 resubmitted with explanation
            06/03 Rejected again-same reason
            06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
            07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
            07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
            08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
            08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
            09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
            10/02 EAD/AP received
            04/12 Interview Sched
            05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

Question pls.

Hello , I’m not sure what was the case with my entry and I want to get your opinion please. So i arrived back to USA with my new green card (first time travel with my greens car) , I went to visit my family overseas about a month after I got my gc approved.

when I arrived the officer was rude and asking me a lot of questions , but the questions are not the issue , the issues are..

1. I did not fill the custom declaration form , I never got one , I didn’t even know I need to fill one.
              2. the officer never asked for the form
              3. the officer did not take my fingerprints
              4. The officer did not take my photo.

is that how it’s supposed to be ?
              all he look was my green card and my passport, asking me questions then he stamped my passport with ARC (I know what it means)

how come he never ask for the form ?
              how come he did not take my fingerprint or picture ?

It is possible because the green card was new and I did my fingerprint and picture at the uscis at the time of the interview about a month earlier ?

ao confused.

thank you in advance.

Comment

Question pls.

Hello , I’m not sure what was the case with my entry and I want to get your opinion please. So i arrived back to USA with my new green card (first time travel with my greens car) , I went to visit my family overseas about a month after I got my gc approved.

thank you in advance.
                We traveled for the first time with GC, returned with Global Entry, no passport stamp (the officer didn't care about the passport asked only for GC), no fingerprints, no photo, no declaration form, or declaration questions even at the kiosk.

A lot of changes for the Global Entry kiosk, the last time I traveled (more than 2 years ago) we had to answer several questions (like the declaration form about food, money, etc), then scan the document, fingerprint, and photo, now they use face recognition so only photo and the kiosk print a ticket with it and your information. No questions, no fingerprints, no document scan.

From what I read if we have something to declare we need to inform the officer.
                Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                ---
                All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I see , but it was not with global entry ?

Comment

My guess is that the photo/fingerprints with the officer are for visitors/non-immigrants, they also get an electronic I-94. Now with GC the officer doesn't need to photo/fingerprint the traveler and no electronic I-94 will be generated. I'm not sure, I haven't searched this topic and this is only my experience.
                    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                    ---
                    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I see , but it was not with global entry ?
                      Why are you worried about all of that - they let you back in, right? So, you're good.

Comment

I know but I read that all citizens, gc holders require to provide biometric at the poe , I just don't want any problems when I get back again to the US next time that's all .
                        but thank you everyone

Comment

I know but I read that all citizens, gc holders require to provide biometric at the poe , I just don't want any problems when I get back again to the US next time that's all .
                          but thank you everyone
                          If it's required they will definitely take it at the port of entry. If they didn't, then it only means it's not needed. I don't know from where you read that even citizens are required to provide biometrics. It's not needed. Based on my understanding it's not needed for GC holders as well. Anyways, don't worry about it now. You are fine.
                          | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X