Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting 7mths for renewed GC, 6mth extension expires in March, need to travel April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for posting this!

Originally posted by she1 View Post
    I thought I'd respond since this thread was helpful to me. I just received notification today that my green card 10-year renewal has been approved.

Application received by USCIS: Nov 14 2016
    Biometrics appointment: Dec 9 2016
    Got notification of approval, by email: Sep 20 2017
    Still got to wait for the actual card to arrive!
    I appreciate you giving the exact dates - I've been waiting mine after Biometrics in January and this gives me an idea of how long it can take! (Green Card processing time update website is last updated in May 31, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by globeat10 View Post
      Have you received your green card in the meantime?
      I am in the same boat at the moment, applied for renewal in Feb. 2017, biometrics in March 2017, received a sticker on my current green card with extension to Dec. 2017, but I have not yet received the new one. What is the latest on processing times?

The dates we applied are very similar. I applied for the renewal in early March 2017, biometrics in late March 2017. My extension is till jan 2018 and I have not heard back. Any news with your status? I also checked the processing time and it says November 18, 2016 as of: September 30, 2017

Comment

Green Card Renewal

I'm glad I found this thread! It looks like I have to apply for a renewal of the green card very early. Maybe a year before expiration which would be for me right around this time.

Can somebody give me some tips on who to prepare for the renewal ?

What factors are important for the approval ? Income ? Tax Standing/Status ?

Looking forward for some helpful advice .

Comment

Time line

Thought I'd share with you my timeline since this thread was helpful to me
          I-90 Application received: Feb 1, 2017
          Biometrics appt: Feb 22, 2017
          Email saying the card was produced: Dec 22, 2017.
          8 months since biometrics appointment.

Comment

I-90 Application received: Feb 15, 2017
            Biometrics appt: Mar 3, 2017
            Biometrics reviewed Mar 27, 2017
            Receive texts approximately every two weeks to say that they are "working on it"... Extension expires at the end of this month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	590669

Comment

Got an update about my Case status (Jan 3,2018)

I got an email about my case status that they already updated my case which is my card is being produced (they approved my I-90 application to replace my permanent resident card)
              I-90 application filed: Feb 2, 2017
              Biometrics appointment: Feb 14, 1017
              I was freaking out that my GC isn’t here yet since it’s Jan 2018 now, I was thinking of the worst case scenario like they rejected my application etc. Now, I’m just waiting for my GC in the mailbox.

Comment

Originally posted by burbanite View Post
                I-90 Application received: Feb 15, 2017
                Biometrics appt: Mar 3, 2017
                Biometrics reviewed Mar 27, 2017
                Receive texts approximately every two weeks to say that they are "working on it"... Extension expires at the end of this month.

[ATTACH]996[/ATTACH]
                You might get a case status update this month(Jan 2018 or Feb 2018). My Biometric appt. was Feb 14 or 16 2017 (not sure of the date) I got an email saying my card is being produced (Jan 3, 2018) so im just waiting for my GC.

Comment

Hello guys, I'm in the same boat. My biometric was in May, 2017 and I'm still waiting for my GC. My GC extension will expire Feb, 2018. I had set up an Infopass apppointment today and was told to get my country's passport. I'm not sure why they want me to get my country's passport. I'm not traveling or anything. Can somebody please help me with this.

Comment

Originally posted by joyce12 View Post
                    Hello guys, I'm in the same boat. My biometric was in May, 2017 and I'm still waiting for my GC. My GC extension will expire Feb, 2018. I had set up an Infopass apppointment today and was told to get my country's passport. I'm not sure why they want me to get my country's passport. I'm not traveling or anything. Can somebody please help me with this.

Hey! I Just got my actual GC Jan 10, 2018. My sticker expired: Nov 2017. I think you just need to wait. It took 10 months before I got an update from them that my GC was being produced. Are you goin somewhere? That’s why they are asking for your passport. Ya know I was freaking out and a lil nervous when i haven’t gotten my GC or haven’t heard any update about my case.

Comment

I am also in the same boat. I & my family submitted the renewal application together. We received the extension sticker at the Bio, which is valid till Feb, 2018.

Application submit: middle of March, 2017
                      Biometrics: early May, 2017 (1.5 month later from filing)
                      GC card (my family) : issued on Oct, 2017 (7 months later from filing)
                      GC card (me): Pending(as of Jan, 2018) (10 months now from filing)

Mine is still pending and my stamp will expire next month. Since I-90 processing time is 10.5 months now and end of this month will become 10.5 months, I still need to wait?? I'm curious about why my family got it earlier and mine is being delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonpark View Post
                        I am also in the same boat. I & my family submitted the renewal application together. We received the extension sticker at the Bio, which is valid till Feb, 2018.

Application submit: middle of March, 2017
                        Biometrics: early May, 2017 (1.5 month later from filing)
                        GC card (my family) : issued on Oct, 2017 (7 months later from filing)
                        GC card (me): Pending(as of Jan, 2018) (10 months now from filing)

Mine is still pending and my stamp will expire next month. Since I-90 processing time is 10.5 months now and end of this month will become 10.5 months, I still need to wait?? I'm curious about why my family got it earlier and mine is being delayed.
                        This thread has been really useful. I have a similar timeline:

Application: middle of April, 2017
                        Biometrics: middle of May, 2017 with extension sticker valid till end of Feb, 2018
                        GC card: no update yet

I filed an online case inquiry today and am hoping to get some update over the next few weeks.

Checking the YSC service center processing time at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do, I saw that the current case processing time for green card renewal is at March 1, 2017.

Field Office Processing Dates for Potomac Service Center as of: December 31, 2017
                        Form | Title | Classification or Basis for Filing: | Processing Cases As Of Date:
                        I-90 | Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card | 10-year renewal | March 1, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by jorgca View Post
                          This thread has been really useful. I have a similar timeline:

Application: middle of April, 2017
                          Biometrics: middle of May, 2017 with extension sticker valid till end of Feb, 2018
                          GC card: no update yet

I filed an online case inquiry today and am hoping to get some update over the next few weeks.

Checking the YSC service center processing time at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do, I saw that the current case processing time for green card renewal is at March 1, 2017.

Field Office Processing Dates for Potomac Service Center as of: December 31, 2017
                          Form | Title | Classification or Basis for Filing: | Processing Cases As Of Date:
                          I-90 | Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card | 10-year renewal | March 1, 2017
                          I got a response from USCIS on Feb 26, 2018: case updated, and on Feb 28 a notice that card is being produced. Received the actual card on March 2, 2018.

Looks like this usually takes about 10-11 months.

Comment

Applying Early

Since, some people here have to wait months for the Green Card to be issued.

Would you guys think it's wise for me to apply now for a GC Renewal when it expires in December of this year ... so in about 10 months?

Comment

Got my green card in the mail the other day!

4/21/2017 was my biometric appointment.
                              3/2018 received green card in the mail.

Mine took almost a whole year! Be patient it will come.
                              Last edited by joyce12; 03-11-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X