Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My bother-in-law taking his mom to Connecticut from Indiana - My responsibility ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bother-in-law taking his mom to Connecticut from Indiana - My responsibility ?

My mother-in-law immigrated earlier this year from India. My bother-in-law is taking her from Indiana to Connecticut. In Indianapolis, we have Eskenazi Hospital and she has a healthcare card for free emergency coverage. She is 75. My wife and I provided the Affidavit of Support for her for her immigration.

I don't know what kind of coverage they have in Connecticut and I am worried about her health.

What is my responsibility if she ends of living with my bother-in-law out of state in Connecticut?

Thank you,

Waid

The affidavit of support is a legal document. I don't know if there is a way to transfer that to your bro-in-law. So technically you are still financially responsible for her. I would suggest you look into transferring the aos or look into what type of medical assistance is available in Connecticut. Why is your bro-in-law taking her? If everything is set up for her at you home he shouldn't want to change that. Taking her to visit shouldn't be a problem, but obviously she has medical needs that are being taken care of. He shouldn't want to disrupt that.
    Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

There is a lot of information missing form your post. What kind of insurance does she have that offer her "free emergency" healthcare? Health care is NEVER free in the United States so it would be helpful to know what kind of insurance she has.

Financially you will always be responsible for her as you are her source of income as far as the government is concerned. Until she has obtained citizenship you will be on the hook for her financially.

No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Antonise View Post
        There is a lot of information missing form your post. What kind of insurance does she have that offer her "free emergency" healthcare? Health care is NEVER free in the United States so it would be helpful to know what kind of insurance she has.

Financially you will always be responsible for her as you are her source of income as far as the government is concerned. Until she has obtained citizenship you will be on the hook for her financially.

No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

In Indianapolis, there is a Hospital for the poor. Therefore, they have given her a card for any emergency care since she has a green card. No insurance needed.

She is staying with one of the sons but he is moving back overseas so the other son who is in Hartford, CT is taking her. He wants her over there with him.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X