No announcement yet.

I485 Interview - Verbal approval but forgot to give my sealed medical records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I485 Interview - Verbal approval but forgot to give my sealed medical records

Hi Everyone,

I just had my employment based i485 green card interview and it went well, agent told my wife and I that it will be approved and to expect the card in the mail in the next month.
    When we got home later that night, I went through the paper work I had prepared (in case they ask for them) and noticed that my sealed medical records were still with me!!!

What should I be doing here? is the medical report a mandatory item that will be flagged by the system and delay my green card or is it all at the agent's discretion?
    I've been reading online to not file it and wait for an answer, It will either be approved and the card delivered or a RFE will be sent to request for medical records.

Btw, the agent only asked for my EVL and if i had any pay stubs with me (I did, gave them to her)

Thanks,

Originally posted by piepiepie View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just had my employment based i485 green card interview and it went well, agent told my wife and I that it will be approved and to expect the card in the mail in the next month.
    When we got home later that night, I went through the paper work I had prepared (in case they ask for them) and noticed that my sealed medical records were still with me!!!

What should I be doing here? is the medical report a mandatory item that will be flagged by the system and delay my green card or is it all at the agent's discretion?
    I've been reading online to not file it and wait for an answer, It will either be approved and the card delivered or a RFE will be sent to request for medical records.

Btw, the agent only asked for my EVL and if i had any pay stubs with me (I did, gave them to her)

Thanks,
    I had my employment interview few weeks back.
    In April we received pink letters from USCIS (may it were RFE) that my Medical were filled on old forms and USCIS required to bring in sealed envelope medical record with updated forms.
    During interview, after all YES/NO questions IO asked about medical as it was red flag in my profile. IO opened and checked all papers and everything were fine. I got card on hand week later.
    For your case, i would say they probably will ask RFE, but you can call them as well.
    Check with your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by piepiepie View Post
      Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
      It happens. You forgot to turn in the I-693 and the ISO forgot to ask you for it. I would just make an Infopass appointment and drop it off.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X