Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table of Contents for I-751 Applications to Remove Conditions of Permanent Residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table of Contents for I-751 Applications to Remove Conditions of Permanent Residence

This is the best example there is out there. Per the I-751 instructions, you must show evidence since the date of your marriage until the time you file.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UScitizenFilingforspouse; 09-25-2018, 09:49 PM.

Part II - Table of Contents for I-751

Here you go.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your TOC, is very complete!

how is(was) your process doing?
      AOS - married to US citizen 07/30/2018

11/09 - I-130, 130A, 131, 485, 693, 765 and 864 sent to Chicago lockbox
      11/19 - Receipt Notices for I-130, 131, 485 and 765
      11/23 - Biometrics notice - scheduled for 12/11
      12/11 - Biometrics completed
      03/22 - Advance Parole and EAD Approved
      03/26 - Combo card arrived
      04/09 - SSN Card arrived
      06/11 - Interview Notice
      07/16 - Interview = Approved on Spot!
      07/24 - Received Green Card

Comment

UScitizenFilingforspouse hi there good to read from you again in this new forum thread, we just got our conditional green card last month and we are preparing our strategy to remove the conditions when the time comes, thank you for posting this TOC, we are subscribed to this thread now, and will be reading in once in a while.
        Cheers.

Comment

UScitizenFilingforspouse hi there, if its not much trouble, could you also post a photo or facsimile of the USCIS Notice of Action for I-751 application? we are curious if that document outlines what is required to document for the removal of conditions. we are still 20 months away from our time to file but we don't want to leave anything to chance. your reply at your earliest convenience will be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
            UScitizenFilingforspouse hi there, if its not much trouble, could you also post a photo or facsimile of the USCIS Notice of Action for I-751 application? we are curious if that document outlines what is required to document for the removal of conditions. we are still 20 months away from our time to file but we don't want to leave anything to chance. your reply at your earliest convenience will be much appreciated.
            Congrats on your green card! I would refer to the I-751 instructions and follow them to the T.

All the best!

USCFFS

Comment

we are getting ready to send our documents in, we have our joint tax returns for 2018, however we havent filed yet for 2019, would it help if we attach W2's and 1095's for 2019 as evidence?
              also our earliest filling date is feb 11, does that mean that all the forms and checks need to have that date on it or can we sign and date feb 10 and mailed them in on the 11?
              thanks!!

Comment

Just posting this message in order to bring this thread to the front page.

Comment

Hey UScitizenFilingforspouse !! Good to see you back on these forums. Thank you for this GREAT advice - i hope everyone finds this well.

Got a quick question for you re: affidavit letters, should we be submitting copies of them or the original? The instructions for form i-751 regarding this is kinda confusing. Although it says "submit copies of evidence", this is what is stated about affadavits:
                  " 5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above."
                  05/24: PD
                  05/22: Mailed forms I-130, I-485, I-765
                  05/24: Forms delivered to lockbox
                  05/29: CC payment charged
                  06/06: NOAs
                  06/07: Biometrics appointment notice letter
                  06/20: Biometrics completed
                  08/12: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
                  08/14: Scheduled for Interview notice
                  08/19: Interview Date notice
                  09/18: Interview Date - approved on the spot, GC card in production
                  09/24: NOAs received (I-485 & I-130 approvals)

Comment

Originally posted by MayBaby View Post
                    Hey UScitizenFilingforspouse !! Good to see you back on these forums. Thank you for this GREAT advice - i hope everyone finds this well.

Got a quick question for you re: affidavit letters, should we be submitting copies of them or the original? The instructions for form i-751 regarding this is kinda confusing. Although it says "submit copies of evidence", this is what is stated about affadavits:
                    " 5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above."
                    Hi MayBaby,

thank you for your kind words. I am glad you found the post useful. We just filed for ROC in May. ☺ To answer your question, USCIS would like to see the original affidavit. They want to see a wet signature. I would have the person sign with blue/green ink just so that it is clear that it is a wet signature. Make sure to include full name and address, date and place of birth and relationship to you or your spouse. If you want to add a little bit more weight to the affidavit, I would get them notarized.

I would focus on heavier evidence, though. Remember that affidavits are helpful but aren't given the same weight as 3 years worth of joint account statements. Last but not least, include evidence since the date of your marriage and not since the date USCIS approved your conditional green card.

Best wishes,

USCFFS

Comment

My wife and I have been married for two years now but have been together for nearly 20 years. I had overstayed and filed AoS and was approved and now its time to file the i751.

When filing the i751 should I also send all the evidence I sent with the previous applications again, i485, i130 showing we have been a couple for 20 years or just some documents since the marriage in 2018?

This last year and a half we have done practically nothing due to the pandemic, so dont have any more pictures, nothing financial of note to show other than a lease. We dont have shared bank accounts just shared things like titles on the car, filed tax documents as married, we are obviously a real couple after 20 years of being together but have always kept most of the finances separate.

Any advice?

Thanks
                      Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
                      10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
                      11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
                      11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
                      11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
                      03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
                      03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                      06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
                      06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
                      06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
                      09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

Originally posted by Ste View Post
                        My wife and I have been married for two years now but have been together for nearly 20 years. I had overstayed and filed AoS and was approved and now its time to file the i751.

When filing the i751 should I also send all the evidence I sent with the previous applications again, i485, i130 showing we have been a couple for 20 years or just some documents since the marriage in 2018?

This last year and a half we have done practically nothing due to the pandemic, so dont have any more pictures, nothing financial of note to show other than a lease. We dont have shared bank accounts just shared things like titles on the car, filed tax documents as married, we are obviously a real couple after 20 years of being together but have always kept most of the finances separate.

Any advice?

Thanks
                        Hi Ste,

I would send evidence of bona fide marriage since the date of your marriage. That is what the I-751 instructions state, and that is what I would recommend. Of course, there will be overlap between the evidence that you sent for AOS. That is fine. I would say that maybe 35% to 45% of the evidence we sent was from AOS. The rest was evidence that covered from the date USCIS approved the green card until the time of filing.

I would definitely send everything you mentioned. If you have separate bank accounts and pay for joint responsibilities like insurance, utility bills, I would send statements from your personal bank accounts and highlight and explain on your table of contents that you each pay x bill or x utility from your personal bank account.

There are plenty of ways that you can show evidence of bona fide marriage. I would definitely recommend going through the examples on the Table of Contents posted on this thread. It is very complete.

Make sure you are listed as emergency contacts at work, on health insurance and car insurance. I would even present living wills or advance health care directives. You would authorize each other to make health care decisions in the event that either one of you is unable to. Here is a link to some sample forms.

It is also very important that you show that you live together. Present leases showing both names and your common address. Your IDs should also show the same address.

It is OK to have separate finances. You just have to make sure that you explain in full sentences how your lives are intertwined. Hope this is helpful. Have a great day!

USCFFS

Comment

Thank you very much for this advice, your table of contents had me worried we dont have enough evidence. I'm sure I'm just over thinking as I did with filing the AoS and compiling that package of evidence. I'll just overlap documents and try to explain things. AoS was nothing to worry about, the interview was very simple and hopefully this final step before citizenship goes smooth too!

Thanks again!!
                          Concurrent filing I-485 I-130 I-765 I-131
                          10/26/2018 FedEx package delivered
                          11/04/2018 Notices of Action received via text
                          11/17/2018 Notice of appointment for Biometrics
                          11/26/2018 Biometrics Appointment
                          03/07/2019 Courtesy letter for missing I-693
                          03/11/2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                          06/10/2019 New card is being produced I-765
                          06/11/2019 Case was approved I-765
                          06/12/2019 Card has been mailed
                          09/19/2019 Interview for greencard - APPROVED

Comment

Originally posted by Ste View Post
                            Thank you very much for this advice, your table of contents had me worried we dont have enough evidence. I'm sure I'm just over thinking as I did with filing the AoS and compiling that package of evidence. I'll just overlap documents and try to explain things. AoS was nothing to worry about, the interview was very simple and hopefully this final step before citizenship goes smooth too!

Thanks again!!
                            You are welcome. You should still be able to show joint residence and joint taxes - whether married filing jointly or separate, either one is fine.
                            We showed our paystubs too in order to show that are classified as married at work.
                            For utilities, you can create an online account and add a spouse as authorized user. There is so much you can show even though you keep your finances separate. I know you have been together for 20 years. I would just send as much as you can to satisfy USCIS, and of course, avoid the interview.
                            All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

Bump

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X