Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

initially refused boarding pass as visa had expired & physical GC not yet received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• initially refused boarding pass as visa had expired & physical GC not yet received

after receiving my GC approval (physical card not yet received), I landed in usa on 04sep18 (latest date to enter/visa validity - 20sep18)

My flight: Mumbai-lhr-jfk-jfk-lhr-mum

[A]
    at lhr, the lady issuing the boarding pass, demanded from me the reason to visit usa & asked me the contact person at usa & their address
    IS THIS NORMAL / DOES SHE *HAVE TO KNOW. (i mean for a person holding a valid immigration visa)

[B]
    now, on my return flight to Mumbai, on 24sep18
    at jfk, the lady (issuing boarding pass), initially refused to issue me a boarding pass, citing that my visa had *expired & i also did not have a physical GC. luckily for me her senior (luckily, because the senior was around at *that time) , directed her (refusing lady) to issue me a boarding pass
    IS THIS REFUSAL NORMAL or WAS SHE NOT AWARE OF THE IMMIGRATION VISA REGULATIONS (for first timers)

again, at plane boarding (jfk) , there was a repeat to [B]

[C]
    i am returning to usa again in march19, I do not *yet possess a physical GC, & my passport shows the visa validity as 20sep18
    will/can I be stopped/denied entry at mumbai or lhr

tia

Originally posted by auditorpnine View Post
    after receiving my GC approval (physical card not yet received), I landed in usa on 04sep18 (latest date to enter/visa validity - 20sep18)

My flight: Mumbai-lhr-jfk-jfk-lhr-mum

[A]
    at lhr, the lady issuing the boarding pass, demanded from me the reason to visit usa & asked me the contact person at usa & their address
    IS THIS NORMAL / DOES SHE *HAVE TO KNOW. (i mean for a person holding a valid immigration visa)

[B]
    now, on my return flight to Mumbai, on 24sep18
    at jfk, the lady (issuing boarding pass), initially refused to issue me a boarding pass, citing that my visa had *expired & i also did not have a physical GC. luckily for me her senior (luckily, because the senior was around at *that time) , directed her (refusing lady) to issue me a boarding pass
    IS THIS REFUSAL NORMAL or WAS SHE NOT AWARE OF THE IMMIGRATION VISA REGULATIONS (for first timers)

again, at plane boarding (jfk) , there was a repeat to [B]

[C]
    i am returning to usa again in march19, I do not *yet possess a physical GC, & my passport shows the visa validity as 20sep18
    will/can I be stopped/denied entry at mumbai or lhr

tia
    someone..anyone...

also,
    just received my physical GC but ss no. is still pending.
    next time i visit usa (am in india now), do i present only the GC at the boarding counter & usa immigration desk (GC will be couriered to me)

Comment

someone..anyone...

also,
      just received my physical GC but ss no. is still pending.
      next time i visit usa (am in india now), do i present only the GC at the boarding counter & usa immigration desk (GC will be couriered to me)
      just GC and passport.
      you can go to SS office to get your card
      JAN 2018 , GREEN CARD RECEIVED

AOS , 7 MONTHS TOTAL PROCESS TIME

Comment

Originally posted by gunit123 View Post
        just GC and passport.
        you can go to SS office to get your card
        my physical gc has arrived at my usa address
        but, currently am in india & planning a 2nd visit to usa on 30oct18

should i get my physical gc couriered to my india address
        or
        at any airport (including transit) , will only my 'passport-with immigration stamp' suffice (first visit completed on 04sep18)

Comment

my physical gc has arrived at my usa address
          but, currently am in india & planning a 2nd visit to usa on 30oct18

should i get my physical gc couriered to my india address
          or
          at any airport (including transit) , will only my 'passport-with immigration stamp' suffice (first visit completed on 04sep18)
          you're immigration stamp will suffice.
          This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X