RFE after receipt of green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE after receipt of green card?

i have an English friend in Virginia who has just received his green card. he was approved on the spot at his interview which lasted all of 10 minutes, that was 4 weeks ago, received his green card 6 days after the interview

today he tells me he has just got notification in his phone via text that USCIS are sending him and RFE for his 1-485?

does anyone know why he would get one of these after receiving already his green card ???

Thank You in advance for any help given, i am truly confused by why he would get this

Originally posted by American Hopeful View Post
    i have an English friend in Virginia who has just received his green card. he was approved on the spot at his interview which lasted all of 10 minutes, that was 4 weeks ago, received his green card 6 days after the interview

today he tells me he has just got notification in his phone via text that USCIS are sending him and RFE for his 1-485?

does anyone know why he would get one of these after receiving already his green card ???

Thank You in advance for any help given, i am truly confused by why he would get this
    To me it sounds like a glitch. Sometimes, some cases never update and then once approved, the system has to catch up spit out all updates that never went out. If your friend really wants to, he may make an Infopass appointment and inquire. He could call, but the reps at the USCIS contact center are not Immigration officers, and the ones at Infopass are real Immigration officers.

This is just an educated speculation based on what I have seen has happened to other folks.

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      To me it sounds like a glitch. Sometimes, some cases never update and then once approved, the system has to catch up spit out all updates that never went out. If your friend really wants to, he may make an Infopass appointment and inquire. He could call, but the reps at the USCIS contact center are not Immigration officers, and the ones at Infopass are real Immigration officers.

This is just an educated speculation based on what I have seen has happened to other folks.
      Thank you for your assistance Sir..... USCIS call center told him they are clueless, the guy passed it up the line on the phone and then next person he spoke to was also clueless... i will update with a resolution if infact he gets a letter even

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X