Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandonment of Lawful PR I-407

Hello

I need to abandon my US lawful PR status. I obtained the status as a minor under 21 years of age, I have not resided in the states for some time but have been back and forth with the 'intention' to remain. I am now married to an Australia (difficult to get him to reside with me in USA and the main reason I look to abandon my status) and wish to travel to the states for vacations only. Do you think I need legal representation to abandon my status? The form asks for my last permanet address in the USA...that would have been a friends house some years ago, will all this be checked?

Thank you

Originally posted by k8anon
    Hello

I need to abandon my US lawful PR status. I obtained the status as a minor under 21 years of age, I have not resided in the states for some time but have been back and forth with the 'intention' to remain. I am now married to an Australia (difficult to get him to reside with me in USA and the main reason I look to abandon my status) and wish to travel to the states for vacations only. Do you think I need legal representation to abandon my status? The form asks for my last permanet address in the USA...that would have been a friends house some years ago, will all this be checked?

Thank you
    No..I dont think so.............but what would be the value of abandoning it? if it now allows you to vsist , which is what u say you wnat to do?

Comment

If my permanent resident status is forcefully removed, I can be denied entry to the States for 3-5-10 years. Hence why I think it is best to give it up, I would then be entitled to visitors visas under the visa waiver program.

Comment

Originally posted by k8anon
        If my permanent resident status is forcefully removed, I can be denied entry to the States for 3-5-10 years. Hence why I think it is best to give it up, I would then be entitled to visitors visas under the visa waiver program.

O.k understood............No, you dont need an attorney. No, they wont check the information on the address.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X