re entry permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re entry permit

Could I get some advice about the process ?. For how long one can be out of the country? How long the process is ? I got my green card about 1 year back.through employer.

I have read that the re entry permit will take several months and will let you be outside the USA for more than a year. Sorry I don't know how many years you can be outside the USA with it.

With GC you can travel and return for less than 6 months without problems. You can be outside the USA for less than 1 year, but some say that you will be questioned a PoE but don't know if they can deny the entry if less than 1 year. You need a re entry permit if you are going to be more than 1 year outside the USA (and less than 2 years - thank you newacct)
    Last edited by Enub4; 03-25-2019, 02:20 PM. Reason: Added the 2 year reference, thanks to newacct
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

The Re-entry Permit is valid for 2 years.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

The first-time re-entry permit is valid for 2 years. it takes about 4-6 month to get one. If you are a green card holder then you can leave the US after the Bio-metric appointment and have them ship your travel document to the consulate in the country where you live.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X