Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I do Walks in for biometric appointment for Reentry permit in Guam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I do Walks in for biometric appointment for Reentry permit in Guam?

Can I do Walks in for biometric appointment for Reentry permit in Guam? I have biometric appointment in ohio. But im travelling in asia right now so guam is the closest.

As for green card holder, can you travel and come back every 11 month in order not to get in trouble with immigrant office at POE. I am Green Card Holder, my husband and my kids are US Citizen, we have business in Vietnam so we're planning not coming back to US maybe for another 4 years. I know that you could come back every 5 months and not get any trouble, but 5 months is so much hassle for my kids and I to fly back.

Thanks for the help

From what I read you can't get a reentry permit filed in the USA if you travel abroad, in other words, the reentry permit will be denied. I read that you can't travel abroad until you get the reentry permit in the USA. If you are abroad you may get a returning resident visa at the nearest consulate/embassy.

If you travel only every 11 months to the USA the POE officer can see you as abandoned the USA and living abroad, they may deny entry and revoke your GC. Any travel abroad for more than 180 days will count as 0 year for residency purposes and will delay when you can apply for citizenship.

With reentry permit you need to travel to USA before it expires, I think it lasts for 2 years.

No expert opinion, just someone who likes to read about immigration.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
      From what I read you can't get a reentry permit filed in the USA if you travel abroad, in other words, the reentry permit will be denied. I read that you can't travel abroad until you get the reentry permit in the USA. If you are abroad you may get a returning resident visa at the nearest consulate/embassy.

If you travel only every 11 months to the USA the POE officer can see you as abandoned the USA and living abroad, they may deny entry and revoke your GC. Any travel abroad for more than 180 days will count as 0 year for residency purposes and will delay when you can apply for citizenship.

With reentry permit you need to travel to USA before it expires, I think it lasts for 2 years.

No expert opinion, just someone who likes to read about immigration.
      The POE officer cannot revoke your GC. They can ask you to sign a form saying that you are voluntarily giving up your GC, which you can reject (and you should), in which case your case will be sent to an immigration judge. But the officer does not have a right to revoke your GC.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

1. so, if the POE officer sends you case to an immigration judge, you will be able to enter usa soil & plead you case in front of the judge, who may/may not allow continuance of your GC - am i right to understand this ? (the immigration guy just cannot send you back from the airport - right ?)
        2. usually, is the visit to the judge the very next day of your landing or is there a lapse in days before appearing in front of the judge. (can one themselves decide the day - albeit reasonably)
        2. if rejected,, is there a higher court.
        3. if the judge rejects your plea, will one be deported on the same day.

Comment

I just did the walks in reentry permit biometric appointment. Our appointment is in Cleveland, OH on May 9, 2019. But we do walks in Guam on May 4. Very quick, no question ask. The guard said you could come in on your appointment date or every Wednesday to do walks in appointment regardless of your appointment location. As long as your name is on the appointment notice, you should be fine.

Thanks guy for the help. Hope this will help

Comment

Ok I am in a similar situation. Need to leave the country in 2 weeks to make it in time to start my school semester in the Philippines. I am currently a green card holder. Come home every 6 months but my last entry I believe I was flagged. Officer gave me a really hard time and told me I cannot keep leaving the country and returning for a short period of time and then leaving again. Told me I need a reentry permit.

So my question...can I submit my application now before I leave and then go to the Philippines? Once I receive my biometrics notice have it mailed to me and then just fly to Guam to do the biometrics?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X