Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband Divorce after conditional greencard while wife out of USA without consent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband Divorce after conditional greencard while wife out of USA without consent

I got conditional permanent residency card (green card) in march 2019 with years validity - I visit my country (Pakistan) in april 2019 and during my absence, my husband, who is a US citizen filed divorce without me knowing it. I still haven't received any documentation but he is saying that he has filed it.

Now, can I go back to US till the validity of my conditional greencard? My husband is saying that I can't come back now.

Anyone's authentic legal advice can save my life, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Yes, you can return to the US on your green card. Neither filing for divorce nor a completed divorce affects your permanent resident status. You remain a conditional permanent resident until the end of the 2 years (or, if you have filed Removal of Conditions, for as long as Removal of Conditions is pending) unless it is explicitly revoked by the government.

You should file for Removal of Conditions by yourself on the basis of divorce, either when the divorce is final, or within the 90-day window before your 2-year card expires, whichever is sooner.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response and guidance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X