Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I751 RFE and non-cooperative spouse

Hello All,

I filed I751 in April 2108 and received NOA in May 2018. I received notice for biometrics appointment on May 22, 2019 and few days later I received RFE showing insufficient evidence for good faith marriage. they need:

- documents of children as a result of marriage ---- We don't have any kids.

- evidence that you and your spouse have resided together and shared responsibility of common household ---- We live in house owned by my in-laws and my husband and it was bought 9 years before my marriage. So the house is in my husband's and in-laws name and utilities are in my father-in-law's name. I have credit statement that i get all groceries and all household essentials to run the house.

- evidence of joint ownership of assets ---- me and my husband share a joint bank account with very few transactions but it is active. My husband made sure to not have anything joint with me. So we have separate credit cards and I have one student loan in my name. I had insurance through my husband's employer until January 2019 and then he switched job and now is not telling me whether he has enrolled me in insurance at his new job. I have 2019 insurance cards through the old employer.

He didn't give me any documents from his side like his 401K or Life insurance having my name as beneficiary. He was completely non-cooperative. Plus he had managed to not have my name anywhere. I had even asked him to put my name in his car title, but he didn't do that either.

I am stressed about how to respond the RFE. Either my husband does not want me to have greencard or he does not want me. Any case he is difficult person that I can ask and he would say.

We are not divorced nor separated but just too much irrational behavior from his end may jeopardize my immigration status.

Please can anyone help me with their experience like this, or any suggestion on how to respond to the RFE.

Mine is California Service Center.

My friend had the same problem, and she sent memberships of sam’sclub , cosco, AAA road assistance, taxes that they joint together in the good times, she had a credit card and added him without his knowledge, and send their ID with the same address, she add him to the light utilities of the house. I hope these tips can help you

Comment

Hi, Patel, have you received any updates?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X