Refused to travel from us really need help or advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refused to travel from us really need help or advice

I came to the us through K1 visa now at the stage where I-571 is processing, my 2 years greencard is now expired so the I-571 has been processed and I have done extensions to this receiving I-797C which extends the green card for 18 months so that now expired in May 2019, In July 2018 I had to return to the UK as my mum got married and my grandmother was dying of cancer and since then has died towards end of March 2019. I was recently sent out an appointment to go to a biometrics in Florida on Thursday 13 June 2019, so I went to fly there on Monday 10th. Tickets all booked with Thomas cook and hotel booked also. My immigration lawyer said before I could travel with the I-797C and my expired green card. So I go to the airport airline stops me says I can fly to go attend this interview, so I then contacted the immigration lawyer to try get the biometrics rescheduled. Sent email to uscis in London also. I spoke to a person at uscis in California who said I may need to apply for an I-131A travel document to be allowed to travel just like the airline said as well. The lawyer said all I would need is an I-551 stamp, but after emailing London stamps are only done in America I gave london my information etc alien number. They email me back saying it can only be done in America. And also stated that my lawful permanent status was cancelled in Jan 2018, how is this possible since I have recently recieved an appointment that I now cannot attend in Florida for biometrics.

Please Help me or any advice would be appreciated

Originally posted by Michaeloh View Post
    I came to the us through K1 visa now at the stage where I-571 is processing, my 2 years greencard is now expired so the I-571 has been processed and I have done extensions to this receiving I-797C which extends the green card for 18 months so that now expired in May 2019, In July 2018 I had to return to the UK as my mum got married and my grandmother was dying of cancer and since then has died towards end of March 2019. I was recently sent out an appointment to go to a biometrics in Florida on Thursday 13 June 2019, so I went to fly there on Monday 10th. Tickets all booked with Thomas cook and hotel booked also. My immigration lawyer said before I could travel with the I-797C and my expired green card. So I go to the airport airline stops me says I can fly to go attend this interview, so I then contacted the immigration lawyer to try get the biometrics rescheduled. Sent email to uscis in London also. I spoke to a person at uscis in California who said I may need to apply for an I-131A travel document to be allowed to travel just like the airline said as well. The lawyer said all I would need is an I-551 stamp, but after emailing London stamps are only done in America I gave london my information etc alien number. They email me back saying it can only be done in America. And also stated that my lawful permanent status was cancelled in Jan 2018, how is this possible since I have recently recieved an appointment that I now cannot attend in Florida for biometrics.

Please Help me or any advice would be appreciated
    So your green card expired in Nov 2017? And so your 18-month extension letter lasts until May 2019?

If so, yes, you would file I-131A to get a transportation letter. You would not apply for a SB-1 returning resident visa.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I have tried to file for an I-131A but today the lawyer tried to do this and said I never appeared on the system

Comment

My green card expired 11/17/17 the I-797C expired in May 2019, I travelled for family reasons as my mum got married and then found out my gran was dying. I travelled in July 2018, tried to return Monday there as I had a scheduled ASC biometrics in Florida on this Thursday saying if I don’t attend my immigration would be considered abandoned. Originally the I-571 was filed late as they requested more evidence and this was sent that’s why I then recieved the above I-797C. I can only contact London USCIS who say that my lawful permanent residence status was terminated on January 29 2018 which must be incorrect. I’m just wondering why then would I be asked to go to an ASC Biometrics if I never existed on their system?

Comment

I’m just really confused on what I can do as I cannot contact London as I get an automated response is there a way that I can find out exactly what my immigration status is? I can’t thank you all enough as at this moment I can’t get a straight answer from uscis and my lawyer is like clueless. My ex wife and my mother in law are fighting for me and doing everything they can for me as it’s just putting a lot of stress on all of us to what I need to do.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X