Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re entering the US with I-551 stamp even with issued green carf

Hello
    my family got the green card approval back in May and we travelled shortly after. My mom and I had to travel urgently outside of the US, but to our surprise the green cards arrived in the mail rather quickly. We knew that it was okay for us to reenter using the stamp given at POE, but is that still viable given that our physical cards arrived in the mail last week? I would ask my dad to just mail it to us but w're scared it might get lost. What do you all think we should do ? We are scheduled to travel back in around 2 weeks

I think you will be ok. I remember reading someone that AOS in USA, go to the interview and got a stamp on the passport because needed to travel that week, they were able to travel back with only the stamp and the GC waiting at home. From what I understand, the stamp is equivalent and proof that you are GC holder, maybe the only difference is the expiration date, but not sure.

No experience just information from reading the forum. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X