Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Conditions on Greencard is Pending/ N-400 filed

Dear all,

My Conditional Greencard expired on June 2018. I have filled I-751 to remove conditions on greencard on March 2018. . Received letter from USCIS saying "My permenant resident status is extended for 18 months" which is Expiring in Dec 2019. i was eligible to apply for Naturalization so i form N-400 for naturalization. Biometric for N-400 was done on 16 Apr 2019. i am waiting for 1) either Interview for Naturalization process or 2) Interview for Greencard condition removal. By end of December i will not have any proof of status which i can use to reenter in US. i am planning to travel outside of US in Jan 2020.

What i have to do if i don't get any response by end of december.
    Please I need your valuable opinion.

Thank you in advance!

You can get an I-551 stamp if your I-751 is still pending and the extension letter is close to expiring.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I hope both of your cases will go smoothly. I read a few articles and some lawyer's opinions that filing both N-400 and I-751 still pending, it might be caused more issues and might need an attorney there while you're interviewing. But please let us know how your case goes and good luck with your journey!

Comment

Hello,

So my conditional card is expiring in November so I am about to send my stuff in the mid-August time frame. I recently bought a house so should I notify Department of Homeland Security of the address change? If yes, how can I do it? Also did anyone receive a letter from Dept of Homeland security like notifying you that you card is about to expire or something?

Thank you.
        Forms sent 6/2
        Forms received 6/4
        Received texts/e-mails 6/6
        PD 6/5 & 6/6
        NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
        Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
        SR 9/2
        Contacted Congressman 10/1
        Called the Congressman's office 10/10
        Interview letter 10/10
        Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
        Received EAD/AP card 10/17
        Interview 11/8 RFE after
        New Card Being Produced 11/16
        Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

I am assuming that it might be a reminder as I got a notification from USPS that the letter is coming.
          Forms sent 6/2
          Forms received 6/4
          Received texts/e-mails 6/6
          PD 6/5 & 6/6
          NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
          Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
          SR 9/2
          Contacted Congressman 10/1
          Called the Congressman's office 10/10
          Interview letter 10/10
          Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
          Received EAD/AP card 10/17
          Interview 11/8 RFE after
          New Card Being Produced 11/16
          Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
            Hello,

So my conditional card is expiring in November so I am about to send my stuff in the mid-August time frame. I recently bought a house so should I notify Department of Homeland Security of the address change? If yes, how can I do it? Also did anyone receive a letter from Dept of Homeland security like notifying you that you card is about to expire or something?

Thank you.
            You need to notify USCIS of a change of address with AR-11, which can be filed online or on paper. If the sponsor is also moving, they need to file I-865.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X