Help!! Re-entry permit is expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Re-entry permit is expired

Giving some background of my case, I received my Green Card in 2014, finished study in Boston in 2017 and left the US in Aug 2017 due to family issue. I've applied for re-entry permit which granted for 2 years before I left. I traveled back to the US in May 2018 for 2 weeks then went back to Hong Kong.

It was my fault that I made a mistake on the expiration date (which expired on 8 Aug 2019) of my re-entry permit. As long as I found out, it's already expired for 2 months.

I want to go back and reside in the US for long-term. The ties that I have between the US are I maintain a US bank account and credit card, filed tax in 2018 but not 2019, friends in the US that still keep in touch, have an expired driver license. I also have a sister in Florida that is at the last step of naturalization (waiting for taking the oath by the end of this month).

I was wondering if there's any chance for me to re-enter the US in this case? Is there anything I can do to increase the chance as I don't have a strong reason of late returning. ;(

Thanks so much!

You should your 2019 taxes now albeit late. Next buy a ticket and fly back home. You may/will have issues at POE regarding abandoning your PR status. Do not sign i-407 if they ask you and request to have a hearing before a judge.

Comment

Thanks for your reply azblk.

Any others can help or have similar experience??

Comment

See my posts in https://www.immihelp.com/forum/after...er-after-3-yrs

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X