Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my Re-Entry permit. Duration of absence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Re-Entry permit. Duration of absence?

Hi guys,
    so I got my re-entry permit and now I returned to my home country since one month.

the re-entry permit is valid for two years.
    And I would like to ask you some questions:

1. What if I stay in my country home for two years and then come back to the US?

2. should I visit the US during the next two years to keep my green card ?

Thanks

Re-entry permit allows you to stay away for upto 2 years. No need to visit USA in those two years unless you want to.

Comment

So you think that having that re-entry permit and even if I’ll not visit the US for 20 months and then come back , I’ll be safe and will not lose my green card ?

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by meddeb View Post
        So you think that having that re-entry permit and even if I’ll not visit the US for 20 months and then come back , I’ll be safe and will not lose my green card ?

many thanks
        Yes like I said it allows you 24 months. Stop worrying too much and enjoy the benefits of your green card.

Comment

You still have to maintain residence in the US. A re-entry permit will allow you to have a long absence, but you can still be found to have abandoned residency based on factors other than length of absence.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Sure but I l’ll keep my credit cards, bank accounts also I’m paying my loan every months til 2025.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X