Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Conditions on Green card

Hi Everyone,

Thanks everyone for the updates. I just wanted to share my experience and Timelines.

March 2018--- Got approved for Conditional Green Card
    March 9 2020---Applied to remove Conditions.
    March 12 2020---Received Receipt/letter from USCIS (an 18 months extension granted)

Now awaiting for my biometrics notice.

I am aware that I can apply for Naturalization when I am 3 months away from 3 years holding the green card. However, my Lawyer advised me against it, Saying they heard that USCIS may question why, " I was rushing the process". Has any one ever had this experience? My wife is a Naturalized Citizen, we have two kids and a mortgage together. I don't see how it would be "rushing". Any thoughts on this. Thanks.

All the Best Everyone

It's not a problem at all. I would say that seeking to become a citizen as soon as eligible is looked upon positively.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I would say that if they don't want people to become citizens after just 3 years, they would not have that rule and just have the 5 years rule.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post
        I would say that if they don't want people to become citizens after just 3 years, they would not have that rule and just have the 5 years rule.
        I totally agree with your opinion. My attorney also suggested me to apply just when I was eligible ( 3 months before 3 years).

Comment

Can u guys please enlighten me more..my marriage will be 3yrs in July 2020 my 2yrs green card expires in August 2020 and am planning on applying for my 10yrs next month,what do u guys advice..1. Should I fill my 10yrs and naturalization concurrently or file 10 yes den file naturalization later..please i need ur help asap

Comment

Originally posted by sterai79 View Post
            Can u guys please enlighten me more..my marriage will be 3yrs in July 2020 my 2yrs green card expires in August 2020 and am planning on applying for my 10yrs next month,what do u guys advice..1. Should I fill my 10yrs and naturalization concurrently or file 10 yes den file naturalization later..please i need ur help asap
            You are not eligible for naturalization under the 3-year rule until you have been a permanent resident for 3 years (can apply 90 days before), so you will not be eligible to apply for naturalization until May 2021.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

thanks newacct,

Comment

I got the green card on June 2018 and I sent my documents for removal of conditions on April 2020. Waiting for my letter. What's the average time now? A friend of mine in exact the same situation is still waiting (he applied in February 2019) and still no green card. Also, his biometric arrived almost a year after he applied. We live in Philadelphia.

He considered applying for naturalization but apparently if you do so they stop the green card process and move on only with the citizenship which means longer wait. Can anyone confirm? Is there any benefit in having the US citizen beside voting? Consider I want to keep due citizenship (Italian).

Thank you
                Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                Package Sent: 3/12
                PD: 3/14/
                Checks Cashed: 3/27
                NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                Biometric letter: 4/5
                Biometric: 4/18
                Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                Interview was scheduled 5/22
                Letter for interview received 5/26
                Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                Green card approved after interview
                Green Card being printed 6/27
                Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

Originally posted by Spininc1000 View Post
                  Hi Everyone,

Thanks everyone for the updates. I just wanted to share my experience and Timelines.

March 12 2020---Received Receipt/letter from USCIS (an 18 months extension granted)

I am aware that I can apply for Naturalization when I am 3 months away from 3 years holding the green card. However, my Lawyer advised me against it, Saying they heard that USCIS may question why, " I was rushing the process". Has any one ever had this experience? My wife is a Naturalized Citizen, we have two kids and a mortgage together. I don't see how it would be "rushing". Any thoughts on this. Thanks.

All the Best Everyone
                  Spininc1000 ...Kindly keep us posted when you get your biometric appointment, I will be submitting my application in June
                  Marriage based AOS
                  Service Center : NBC
                  Application centre : Boston
                  PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
                  Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
                  First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
                  Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
                  Card bn produced : 3/23/18
                  Card received 3/30/18
                  Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
                  Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
                  Interview date: 9/10/18
                  Approval letter received :9/14/18
                  Card was mailed to me: 9/14/18
                  Green card received : 9/19/18

Comment

Originally posted by Godobo View Post
                    Spininc1000 ...Kindly keep us posted when you get your biometric appointment, I will be submitting my application in June
                    I definitely will. After I received my Receipt letter in March, I have not heard anything yet Probable due to the Pandemic.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

All the Best Everyone
                      Did it take only 3 days to receive the I-797 letter? My letter was received on April 28, checks cashed on May 5 and still waiting for the letter to be mailed. How long does usually take?
                      Filing Type: Concurrent I-130, I-130A I-485 (I-693 + I-864), I-765
                      Package Sent: 3/12
                      PD: 3/14/
                      Checks Cashed: 3/27
                      NoAs via Email/Texts: 3/27
                      NoAs via Mail: 3/30
                      Biometric letter: 4/5
                      Biometric: 4/18
                      Ready to be schedule for an interview 4/24
                      Interview was scheduled 5/22
                      Letter for interview received 5/26
                      Interview schedule for 6/26 @12.30 pm
                      Green card approved after interview
                      Green Card being printed 6/27
                      Green Card received on July 5. Total of 115 Days since PD

Comment

Hi Everyone,

All the Best Everyone
                        Just received an update yesterday. It seems I don't have to do Biometrics again.

As of May 13, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, have been applied to your case.

Comment

Originally posted by flyforever85 View Post

Did it take only 3 days to receive the I-797 letter? My letter was received on April 28, checks cashed on May 5 and still waiting for the letter to be mailed. How long does usually take?
                          I have an account with USCIS hence was able to get the notice before the letter arrived a few days later, but it was pretty fast. Also keep in mind, this was before the Pandemic officiallyn began so they will probably take longer now.

Comment

Hi,

Check this out.

The president already suspended green card issuance to those abroad. Now there's a "hold" on processing requests from applicants already living in the US.

"After suspending approval of green card requests to immigrants abroad seeking U.S. residency, the Trump administration has also halted processing requests from green card applicants already living in the country.
                            The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services told employees this week that a “general hold” on permanent residency applications filed from immigrants within the United States would remain in place. But it updated a list of exemptions to the hold in a Wednesday email and other internal communication seen by CQ Roll Call. It was not clear when the hold was originally implemented.
                            Exemptions to the hold include applications of medical providers. The USCIS also allows immigration officers to submit applications that concern an “emergent or sensitive matter” outside these exemptions to their supervisors for consideration.
                            The USCIS said the hold on processing green card applications from current U.S. residents stems from the temporary suspension of in-person services during the COVID-19 pandemic. The agency said its current priority was to resume naturalization ceremonies, which have also been interrupted because of the pandemic.
                            “We’re conducting emergent adjustment of status interviews and cases related to fighting COVID-19 and will begin to resume other in-person services in the future,” the agency said in a statement."

I just came across this. If true we might be in for a longer wait than 2 years. At this point one just has to wait to be eligible to apply for citizenship and go that route. What do you guy's think?

Comment

Case update I received today;

On November 18, 2020, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number xxxx, to another office for processing and sent you a transfer notice. The notice explains why we transferred your case.

Has anyone else received the above notice?

November 18---Case transferred to another office for processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X