Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken' without a biometrics appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken' without a biometrics appointment

Hi there,
    We filed the form I-751 in February and USCIS received our case on February 12th.

But when I checked my case status today, it reads 'Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken' along with the message below.

As of May 7, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRC **** **** , have been applied to your case. If you move, go to
    www.uscis.gov/addresschange
    to give us your new mailing address.

I never got a date for my biometrics appointment and we're not sure how to understand this status update. Did USCIS take my biometrics from a previous appointment when we first applied for the conditional Green Card? Did anyone else receive the same status message without having to schedule a biometrics appointment? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Joy55 View Post
    Hi there,
    We filed the form I-751 in February and USCIS received our case on February 12th.

But when I checked my case status today, it reads 'Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken' along with the message below.

As of May 7, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRC **** **** , have been applied to your case. If you move, go to
    www.uscis.gov/addresschange
    to give us your new mailing address.

I never got a date for my biometrics appointment and we're not sure how to understand this status update. Did USCIS take my biometrics from a previous appointment when we first applied for the conditional Green Card? Did anyone else receive the same status message without having to schedule a biometrics appointment? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
    I want to believe they used your old biometric in the data base . Guess that is a good one. All the best . I will be submitting in June
    Marriage based AOS
    Service Center : NBC
    Application centre : Boston
    PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
    Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
    First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
    Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
    Card bn produced : 3/23/18
    Card received 3/30/18
    Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
    Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
    Interview date: 9/10/18
    Approval letter received :9/14/18
    Card was mailed to me: 9/14/18
    Green card received : 9/19/18

Comment

This means that they will use the "onfile" Biometrics that they have. You don't have to go for Biometrics appt. again like normal. They are doing this due to the Pandemic. I have attached their statement from their website below. No worries, I just received the same notice yesterday.

"
      • While biometric services (or other authorized collection sites) are temporarily suspended and/or operations are at reduced capacity, USCIS will reuse biometrics that were previously captured at the initial USCIS in-person appointment under certain circumstances and only when specific requirements are met. USCIS will reuse biometrics if:
        • USCIS is otherwise ready to adjudicate the open application, petition, or benefit request but cannot proceed solely due to the lack of current biometrics;
        • The individual previously submitted fingerprints and a photograph at an ASC (or other authorized collection site);
        • There is an exact A-file number, name, and date of birth match between the pending filing and the previous filing from which the biometrics were collected; and the individual:
          • Was scheduled for an ASC appointment that was canceled since the temporary closure of ASCs on March 18, 2020,
          • Is unable to schedule an ASC appointment (or appointment for biometrics collection at an embassy or consulate, where applicable); or
          • Filed a benefit request with an associated biometrics requirement after March 18, 2020.

If these requirements are met, a biometrics appointment is not required. This will remain in effect during the COVID-19 pandemic and will automatically expire on Sept. 1, 2020, unless expressly extended by the USCIS deputy director for policy. "

Comment

Originally posted by Spininc1000 View Post
        This means that they will use the "onfile" Biometrics that they have. You don't have to go for Biometrics appt. again like normal. They are doing this due to the Pandemic. I have attached their statement from their website below. No worries, I just received the same notice yesterday.

"
        • While biometric services (or other authorized collection sites) are temporarily suspended and/or operations are at reduced capacity, USCIS will reuse biometrics that were previously captured at the initial USCIS in-person appointment under certain circumstances and only when specific requirements are met. USCIS will reuse biometrics if:
          • USCIS is otherwise ready to adjudicate the open application, petition, or benefit request but cannot proceed solely due to the lack of current biometrics;
          • The individual previously submitted fingerprints and a photograph at an ASC (or other authorized collection site);
          • There is an exact A-file number, name, and date of birth match between the pending filing and the previous filing from which the biometrics were collected; and the individual:
            • Was scheduled for an ASC appointment that was canceled since the temporary closure of ASCs on March 18, 2020,
            • Is unable to schedule an ASC appointment (or appointment for biometrics collection at an embassy or consulate, where applicable); or
            • Filed a benefit request with an associated biometrics requirement after March 18, 2020.

If these requirements are met, a biometrics appointment is not required. This will remain in effect during the COVID-19 pandemic and will automatically expire on Sept. 1, 2020, unless expressly extended by the USCIS deputy director for policy. "
        Awesome , this will fasten the application process I believe if the documentation is compelling.
        All the best guys , I will be submitting in June
        Marriage based AOS
        Service Center : NBC
        Application centre : Boston
        PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
        Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
        First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
        Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
        Card bn produced : 3/23/18
        Card received 3/30/18
        Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
        Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
        Interview date: 9/10/18
        Approval letter received :9/14/18
        Card was mailed to me: 9/14/18
        Green card received : 9/19/18

Comment

I had biometrics done at my visa interview at a USA Embassey in Australia in Feb for my O1 visa. Im wondering if this means i dont have to have them done again for my AOS to PR application. Anyone know? My biometrics were redone in Feb this year. That would be perfect

Timeline so far:
          September 24, 2020 - Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record signed by a civil surgeon
          September 26, 2020 - Package Mailed to USCIS
          September 29 2020 - Package recieved and signed for
          October 21 2020 - 4 text notifications received (730pm weds)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X