Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone experienced having to file i-751 in midst of COVID-19? Any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone experienced having to file i-751 in midst of COVID-19? Any advice?

Hello all!

My conditional residency expires August of 2020. I did file I-751 back in June to make sure it got there before the 90 days. As we know COVID has been around since March and thats when USCIS offices closed. I did get a tracking number for my application and I know it was received by USCIS. However I still do not have a receipt number and I can see that my check I sent for the fees associated with i-751 has not been cashed yet. I know this delay is due to the ongoing pandemic I have made my peace with that and I understand that there will be significant delays getting this processed and gaining my permanent resident card. Meanwhile, though I will have an expired green card and nothing to prove my legal status in the US I have attempted to make an Info pass appointment to see if I can get my passport stamped to have something to prove my status. But due to COVID this appointment has been difficult to get. I will be expired within a few days and I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? If you are, do you have any advice?

I submitted my I-751 back in April without any issue. I received my notices within the week. I would call USCIS if you still have not received anything.

Comment

Hello Jsleeper, I recently sent my file and it's been 3 weeks i have not heard anything back ( no receipt number and no money was cashed). Would you mind share your experience and how did you end dealing with this situation? Thanks!

Comment

Hi guys, we’re dealing with the same issue now. My husband’s GC was to expire 09/11/2020 and we filed to remove conditions on it in June! Our checks were cashed within a few weeks but it’s November and we have not received even 1 letter! ????

Comment

Originally posted by Bluberri View Post
          Hi guys, we’re dealing with the same issue now. My husband’s GC was to expire 09/11/2020 and we filed to remove conditions on it in June! Our checks were cashed within a few weeks but it’s November and we have not received even 1 letter! ????
          I would contact USCIS. You will need those letters to get a driver's license or prove employment authorization. It's possible they were lost in the mail.

Comment

What is the address you send the letter to USCIS ?

Comment

Same same same November filers sent to AZ I show they received but they haven’t sent a letter or cashed. We sent it mid November via UPS. Signature received left in mailroom.

Comment

For anyone interested they finally cashed our checks today!!! Thank God! Hopefully we’ll receive the extension before his GC expires.

Comment

Originally posted by dcarolina718 View Post
                  For anyone interested they finally cashed our checks today!!! Thank God! Hopefully we’ll receive the extension before his GC expires.
                  That’s good news! Patience is key I guess in this covid era.

If it’s taken that long for your check to even be cashed, I suppose I’ll be waiting much longer than the 6 months I have already waited for the biometrics appointment to be mailed to me. I’m rooting for it to be completely waived, fingers crossed! But it also leaves me in limbo, unable to and wary of traveling outside of the US.

Comment

We received our NOA thank God!! 53 days from start to finish. They never honored our g-1145 notice to receive texts but I am happy!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X