Green Card and COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card and COVID-19

My 75+ parents are GC holders and are in India since November 2019. Considering the COVID-19 situation, I was wondering what is the process for them to continue to stay in India until it is safe for them to embark on travel to USA without losing the GC status?

Thank you for any responses.

If you are outside the US for more than one year or your Re-entry Permit has expired, you may apply for a returning resident (SB-1) visa when consular operations have resumed. Information on returning resident visa is available on: https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immig...resident-visa/.

Comment

Any other exemption provided by USCIS,, when its not safe to travel? Looks like SB-1 visa and then applying for Immigrant visa is a painful process to go thru again. Any help appreciated,

Comment

They can just travel to the US on their green card and try to seek entry when they are ready to return to the US. There is a good chance they will let them in.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I am in the same situation. My mother is 68+ and a GC holder. She is seeking reentry as soon as the Covid19 situation has gotten better. In the mean time .. I am seeking out advice on what are the next steps. Should I write a letter to USCIS explaining the case ? Would that help in any way. SB-1 visa is very cumbersome and my mother wont be able to manage all the things by herself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X