Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied for GC renewal, how do I get I-551 stamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for GC renewal, how do I get I-551 stamp?

Hi I am in USA, and I applied for my Greencard renewal (10 year expiration card) and am now waiting for the biometrics appointment.

I read on USCIS website that the process to send me a new greencard will take at least 10 months.

So how do I apply for the I-551 stamp on my passport? Can I request a stamp at the biometrics appointment office itself? Or, I have to set an appointment after the biometrics are completed? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi anyone want to help? I don't know how to obtain a I551 stamp on my passport while I'm renewing my GC. thanks!

Comment

You can just make an appointment to obtain an I-551 stamp, before or after biometrics. I have heard that sometimes at biometrics they can put a sticker on your expired green card extending it, but I am not sure whether they are still doing that.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi so do I have to take the biometrics before I can ask for the i551? I haven’t gotten my biometrics appointment date yet, so can I call infopass center tomorrow and make an appointment for the i551 stamp? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Shankar Chowk View Post
          Hi so do I have to take the biometrics before I can ask for the i551? I haven’t gotten my biometrics appointment date yet, so can I call infopass center tomorrow and make an appointment for the i551 stamp? Thanks
          No, you do not need to have done biometrics.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

It's very strange it's been two weeks since I applied for renewal of GC and still no appointment letter for Biometrics. Secondly I called last week for appointment for I-551 stamp and that too the lady took my details and said they will call back to give dates. Nobody has called back for a week now. Everything looks delayed?

Comment

Are simple biometric appointments delayed too?

Comment

No,call again. when is your GC expires?

Comment

Just call them again that you need the stamp. Insist and they will not deny you. I called twice and they scheduled me.right away.

Comment

Lately, your old biometric is re used and you won’t have to go in for biometric appointment . You should wait for your 18 months extension letter and you won’t need a stamp . I hope this helps
                    Marriage based AOS
                    Service Center : NBC
                    Application centre : Boston
                    PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
                    Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
                    First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
                    Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
                    Card bn produced : 3/23/18
                    Card received 3/30/18
                    Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
                    Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
                    Interview date: 9/10/18