Removal of Conditions - Timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of Conditions - Timeframe

Apologies if this situation is already addressed - this is such a huge site. My 2 year green card (spousal) expired late April 2019. I applied for "Removal of Conditions" and got ackowledgement and my I797 document extending my Green Card by 18 months (though to end of October 2020). That date is approaching fast and I do not have anything yet. The orignal timeframe was 12 months. I was fairly relaxed thinking Covid was slowing everything down. I sent an email to the USCIS address - got back an automated ackowledgement saying I would get a response by the 9 October 2020 which has been and gone with nothing.

Is there a number to call or do I need to get an Immigration Lawyer to investigate on my behalf ?

You should call USCIS, explain your situation, and ask for an I551 stamp in your passport. That will extend your status by another 12 months I believe.

Comment

Ok, so tried calling - never could get to a real person - just the automated system which kept taking me round in circles. Just says they are ready to schedule my interview and a notice will be sent to me (I had the interview last year). I really don't know what else to do.

Comment

Call again and tell them you need the stamp and yes the extension is 1year.

Comment

Are you planning on applying for citizenship? If so, go ahead and do that. Sometimes that prompts USCIS to get the 10 year GC out.
          2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
          4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
          4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
          4/19: Request to expedite EAD
          5/11: Received EAD
          6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
          8/09: Advance Parole approved
          8/29: Scheduled for Interview
          10/11: Interview
          10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
          10/16: Sent new G28
          10/19: Approved!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X