I751 & N400 Approved same day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I751 & N400 Approved same day

Hi, Do you know guys if they will still produce and send me the GC valid for 10years if I'm only waiting for the Oath ceremony to be scheduled?

Originally posted by Chris Tina View Post
    Hi, Do you know guys if they will still produce and send me the GC valid for 10years if I'm only waiting for the Oath ceremony to be scheduled?
    Hi! Congrats on your citizenship being approved. I had a similar situation. My husband and I were interviewed for I-761 (this form was pending forever... like 2 years or so...), and I became eligible to apply for Naturalization (N-400) while waiting. It's 3 years for spouses of US citizens. Anyway, when submitting N-400, we requested for both forms to be adjudicated at the same time. At the interview, the officer approved both forms (after I passed the English and Civics tests). After that, I received a notice of approval for form I-761 which said that USCIS was aware that I had an N-400 also approved, so they won't produce another Green Card. Instead, I'll receive my Certificate of Naturalization during the Oath Ceremony. I had different feelings since I don't want to return my Green Card (lol... good memories)... but US citizens don't have green cards. Green cards are for aliens. Once naturalized you're a citizen. Anyway, the Oath ceremony was scheduled for 2 weeks after my cases were approved.

On a side note, you'll be required to bring form N-445 to your Oath Ceremony.
    I was being a little OCD with this lol... but between your approval and your Oath Ceremony, you need to remain eligible for Citizenship.
    So, I limited driving to avoid giving the opportunity for getting a traffic ticket, or any other situation that could potentially prevent me from being accepted into the Oath Ceremony... things like this, or being charged with anything can delay the Oath ceremony until you fix it up with the court and bring the paper of a dismissed case. I was just extra careful in this window of time.

Also, remember to memorize the things for the Oath Ceremony. Nobody told me this, so I found out researching.

You're supposed to recite:
    - The Oath of Allegiance
    - The pledge of allegiance

And also you may be singing:
    - God bless the USA by Lee Greenwood
    - Star Spangled-Banner (National Anthem)

Even though the lyrics are shown on a TV, better to memorize so you feel comfortable and enjoy the ceremony. Congrats!

Comment

wow, thats awesome! thank you a lot for the response..

Comment

Originally posted by Casebycase View Post

Hi! Congrats on your citizenship being approved. I had a similar situation. My husband and I were interviewed for I-761 (this form was pending forever... like 2 years or so...), and I became eligible to apply for Naturalization (N-400) while waiting. It's 3 years for spouses of US citizens. Anyway, when submitting N-400, we requested for both forms to be adjudicated at the same time. At the interview, the officer approved both forms (after I passed the English and Civics tests). After that, I received a notice of approval for form I-761 which said that USCIS was aware that I had an N-400 also approved, so they won't produce another Green Card. Instead, I'll receive my Certificate of Naturalization during the Oath Ceremony. I had different feelings since I don't want to return my Green Card (lol... good memories)... but US citizens don't have green cards. Green cards are for aliens. Once naturalized you're a citizen. Anyway, the Oath ceremony was scheduled for 2 weeks after my cases were approved.

On a side note, you'll be required to bring form N-445 to your Oath Ceremony.
        I was being a little OCD with this lol... but between your approval and your Oath Ceremony, you need to remain eligible for Citizenship.
        So, I limited driving to avoid giving the opportunity for getting a traffic ticket, or any other situation that could potentially prevent me from being accepted into the Oath Ceremony... things like this, or being charged with anything can delay the Oath ceremony until you fix it up with the court and bring the paper of a dismissed case. I was just extra careful in this window of time.

Also, remember to memorize the things for the Oath Ceremony. Nobody told me this, so I found out researching.

You're supposed to recite:
        - The Oath of Allegiance
        - The pledge of allegiance

And also you may be singing:
        - God bless the USA by Lee Greenwood
        - Star Spangled-Banner (National Anthem)

Even though the lyrics are shown on a TV, better to memorize so you feel comfortable and enjoy the ceremony. Congrats!
        How did u requested for both to be adjudicated? I have I-751 interview coming and I am submitting N-400 also and will have like 4 weeks before the interview
        Marriage based AOS
        Service Center : NBC
        Application centre : Boston
        PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
        Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
        First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
        Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
        Card bn produced : 3/23/18
        Card received 3/30/18
        Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
        Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
        Interview date: 9/10/18
        Approval letter received :9/14/18
        Card was mailed to me: 9/14/18
        Green card received : 9/19/18

Comment

Originally posted by Godobo View Post

How did u requested for both to be adjudicated? I have I-751 interview coming and I am submitting N-400 also and will have like 4 weeks before the interview
          I requested both to be adjudicated at the same time when I submitted Form N-400 BEFORE any interview for I-751 had been scheduled. I sent them a letter within N-400 packet, requesting to adjudicate both in the same interview. But in your case, the interview for Form I-751 was already scheduled.

For N-400, did USCIS already capture the biometrics? If not, both applications won't be able to be reviewed in the same interview.

Comment

I submitted my application today and biometrics were captured today . Thank for replying . I am thinking I could attach a letter requesting my N-400 case be treated don my interview date which is 7th of July since my biometrics has been captured . I submitted online .
            what do you think ?????
            Marriage based AOS
            Service Center : NBC
            Application centre : Boston
            PD:130,131,765 &485 : Dec, 8,20 7.
            Bio-metrics : January 2,2018.
            First SR :February 25,2018 (Day 79)
            Second SR : March 7, 2018 (Day 89)
            Card bn produced : 3/23/18
            Card received 3/30/18
            Case ready 2 b scheduled for AOS interview 6/20/18
            Interview scheduled:September 10&noticed received August 10
            Interview date: 9/10/18
            Approval letter received :9/14/18
            Card was mailed to me: 9/14/18
            Green card received : 9/19/18

Comment

Originally posted by Godobo View Post
              I submitted my application today and biometrics were captured today . Thank for replying . I am thinking I could attach a letter requesting my N-400 case be treated don my interview date which is 7th of July since my biometrics has been captured . I submitted online .
              what do you think ?????
              I do not know that it will work but it's worth a shot. They already ran background checks for the I-751. The background checks for the N-400 may be the same or not.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X