Filed for my conditional removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed for my conditional removal.

I got divorced from my wife like 2 months before the second anniversary. My lawyer sent my application and it was received on the 7th in AZ. I haven’t received my receipt yet and my green card expires in early December, should I be worried?

Is the divorce final or is it still pending?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Is the divorce final or is it still pending?
      Final. We finalized around July and got the decree. Our 2 year anniversary was in September. But I just filed because I had to pay for the divorce lawyer and now for the immigration lawyer. Still no receipt though

Comment

Did you apply for Removal of Conditions on the basis of divorce? or did you apply jointly with your wife before the divorce was final?

You shouldn't be worried about not having the receipt yet.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          Did you apply for Removal of Conditions on the basis of divorce? or did you apply jointly with your wife before the divorce was final?

You shouldn't be worried about not having the receipt yet.
          I applied to remove conditions on the basis of divorce. We were nowhere near to reapply when we were together so we just went with the flow.

Comment

Still no receipt. I wonder why they’re taking forever. I hope it comes with the extension. I got a month before I expire and don’t wanna lose my job. And double checked our final decree and it was 1 month before our 2 year anniversary. Hopefully it goes as smooth as the first time since I submitted more intimate evidence this time since we were together for 7 years before marrying and she wrote me an affidavit on why our marriage deteriorated.
            Last edited by Emt; 11-03-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Finally got my receipt. It’s a the Texas service center so I hope it goes quickly.

Comment

Got the notice saying they were going to use my old pic and fingerprints and that I didn’t have to do my biometrics. Hopefully it’ll speed things up.

Comment

Noticed that a lot of renewal applications were transferred to another service center a week after their biometrics were waived but mine still says that biometrics will be applied to my case. I hope I don’t get transferred and get approved fast. I want to travel without the need of having to carry an extra documents that will probably lead me to questions at a check in.

Comment

My journey is almost over. It says my card is being produced!

Comment

Card delivered! See y’all at the citizenship line!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X