Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I130 filed as unmarried child got denied but already have greencard thru marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130 filed as unmarried child got denied but already have greencard thru marriage

My mom originally filed an I130 for me (she's gc holder) years ago. Before USCIS made any decisions, I got married to a US Citizen and my husband petitioned for my gc with another I130. My second I130 through marriage is approved and now I have my gc with conditions. But my first I130 through my mom just got denied, would this affect my current greencard status and future naturalization?

no

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by cfoodpancake View Post
      My mom originally filed an I130 for me (she's gc holder) years ago. Before USCIS made any decisions, I got married to a US Citizen and my husband petitioned for my gc with another I130. My second I130 through marriage is approved and now I have my gc with conditions. But my first I130 through my mom just got denied, would this affect my current greencard status and future naturalization?
      As far as I can understand, the I-130 was denied because you already got the GC thru marriage. They don’t want to have 2 cases in your name to be processing simultaneously, receiving your GC sort of cancels out the previous I-130 application.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X