Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP should I resend another application

Hi!

I stupidly sent my application for i-751 via USPS, and it’s currently still stuck in limbo.

mailed: 12/11/20
    conditonal green card expiry: 3/12/2021

my usps certified update keep saying “out for delivery” then it keeps arriving back at the Arizona distribution center. It’s done this around 6 times already.

im running out of time, should I just redo the package (I have everything), cancel the check, and resend it ASAP by FedEx?

It could well be that your application is still in the postal system, which is facing significant strain from increased volume and lower staffing levels because of COVID. You can't stop its delivery, so canceling the check will only delay the processing of your application. I applied for my I-751 at the start of COVID and it went on quite an adventure before getting to the Pheonix Lockbox.

Comment

I'd personally give it a little while longer. If you have everything ready, you'd just need to resign the forms and do the checks so it wouldn't take long and you still have 2+ months.

If you wanted to cancel & resend, best way to do that is by trying to intercept/re-direct the package back to you. Then just resend via FedEx. But I wouldn't send in a new application.
      2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
      4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
      4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
      4/19: Request to expedite EAD
      5/11: Received EAD
      6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
      8/09: Advance Parole approved
      8/29: Scheduled for Interview
      10/11: Interview
      10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
      10/16: Sent new G28
      10/19: Approved!

Comment

Originally posted by longee94 View Post
        It could well be that your application is still in the postal system, which is facing significant strain from increased volume and lower staffing levels because of COVID. You can't stop its delivery, so canceling the check will only delay the processing of your application. I applied for my I-751 at the start of COVID and it went on quite an adventure before getting to the Pheonix Lockbox.
        Plus they are taking 6+weeks to send receipts. A little patience is needed here Im afraid
        4-18-18 PD
        4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
        9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
        10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
        10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
        10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
        11-13-18 Interview
        11-13-18 New card being produced
        11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
        11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Thanks everyone. Packaged arrived 12/27. Now the real delay begins

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}