Green Card and travelling for 3 to 4 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card and travelling for 3 to 4 months

I have a question related to staying outside of US on the green card. I have an LLC company and I am also working in a US based company and filing Taxes in USA. I kept on traveling outside US specially to India for many months but no more than 3 to 4 months and come back every 3 to 4 months to USA and stay in US for another 1 or 2 months and then again travel outside USA. So technically I will be in US for 3 to 4 months in a year but the gap will never be 6 months or more. Will it cause any issue with my green card?

Originally posted by drifter201 View Post
    I have a question related to staying outside of US on the green card. I have an LLC company and I am also working in a US based company and filing Taxes in USA. I kept on traveling outside US specially to India for many months but no more than 3 to 4 months and come back every 3 to 4 months to USA and stay in US for another 1 or 2 months and then again travel outside USA. So technically I will be in US for 3 to 4 months in a year but the gap will never be 6 months or more. Will it cause any issue with my green card?
    drifter201 Absence of less than 6 months are usually not a problem. But if you do it frequently and only live here in US less than you are outside US, it may be flagged in their computer system eventually and you may receive a warning initially. They won't cancel your GC right away. You will be definitely given a chance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X