Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-751 Rejected - Improperly Filed - Green Card Now Expired - Green USCIS letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Rejected - Improperly Filed - Green Card Now Expired - Green USCIS letter?

Has anyone ever resubmitted an i-751 AFTER green card expires, BUT first submission was on time? USCIS included a green letter to put on top of new filing. Does this green letter mean it won't be considered late filing? We received a rejection notice because we did not include the 3 last blank pages of our form. In our re-fling re-submission we included a letter explaining extenuating circumstances and delays (and the first rejection obviously) caused the new filing to be after the Green Card expired. We're worried they will reject again because it is after the Green Card has expired. Submission details:

2/22/2021: 1st i-751 submission received.
    03/23/2021: i-751 rejected because it was improperly filed. (unknown to us until package returned) - We did not submit use form G-1145 for text or email, not sure if we would have been informed anyway.
    03/19/2021: Green Card Expires
    03/29/2021: USPS informed delivery (USPS electronic service, free to sign up) shows package delivered from Arizona address, but we did not receive anything. So strange.
    04/05/2021: Package received from USCIS Arizona with rejection notice (from 3/23). Improperly filed because: WE DID NOT INCLUDE LAST 3 BLANK PAGES OF I-751 (Interpreter, preparer, etc. these pages are empty for us....) - Green Page / Letter included stating to resubmit and include green letter on top of resubmission
    4/05/2021: Resubmitted with blank pages (pages 9-11 of i-751) - we added "N/A" to anything not relevant to us (interpreter, preparer...) NOT EVERYTHING WAS RETURNED TO US SO WE REPRINTED DOCUMENTS AND ADDED EVIDENCE. Bank statements, marriage certificate...CHECK EVERYTHING IF REJECTED AND RETURNED.
    ***GC expired 03/19 and we are uncertain if our resubmission is not considered "Late Submission" - we included a letter explaining such long delays prevented us from knowing sooner...and other extenuating circumstances for delay. Maybe the green letter they give us for resubmission helps?
    4/06/2021: New submission / Package received (overnight service with UPS).

I too received rejection letter and package in February, for improper filing. I didn’t include four digits for expiration on my debit card I used two digits instead. I just resent package with a new form for debit card. My GC was expired when I resend package and my case was received and I got a receipt notice in 4 weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the update Kerryt, that is helpful and gives us hope we will be okay!

Comment

Hello, mine was also returned due to early filing. They removed the binder and just sent me the copies in a packet. WHen you resend the application, did you put it again to binder?

Comment

Originally posted by mc2364 View Post
          Has anyone ever resubmitted an i-751 AFTER green card expires, BUT first submission was on time? USCIS included a green letter to put on top of new filing. Does this green letter mean it won't be considered late filing? We received a rejection notice because we did not include the 3 last blank pages of our form. In our re-fling re-submission we included a letter explaining extenuating circumstances and delays (and the first rejection obviously) caused the new filing to be after the Green Card expired. We're worried they will reject again because it is after the Green Card has expired. Submission details:

03/23/2021: i-751 rejected because it was improperly filed. (unknown to us until package returned) - We did not submit use form G-1145 for text or email, not sure if we would have been informed anyway.
          03/29/2021: USPS informed delivery (USPS electronic service, free to sign up) shows package delivered from Arizona address, but we did not receive anything. So strange.
          04/05/2021: Package received from USCIS Arizona with rejection notice (from 3/23). Improperly filed because: WE DID NOT INCLUDE LAST 3 BLANK PAGES OF I-751 (Interpreter, preparer, etc. these pages are empty for us....) - Green Page / Letter included stating to resubmit and include green letter on top of resubmission
          4/05/2021: Resubmitted with blank pages (pages 9-11 of i-751) - we added "N/A" to anything not relevant to us (interpreter, preparer...) NOT EVERYTHING WAS RETURNED TO US SO WE REPRINTED DOCUMENTS AND ADDED EVIDENCE. Bank statements, marriage certificate...CHECK EVERYTHING IF REJECTED AND RETURNED.
          ***GC expired 03/19 and we are uncertain if our resubmission is not considered "Late Submission" - we included a letter explaining such long delays prevented us from knowing sooner...and other extenuating circumstances for delay. Maybe the green letter they give us for resubmission helps?

Hello, mine was also returned due to early filing. They removed the binder and just sent me the copies in a packet. WHen you resend the application, did you put it again to binder?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerryt View Post
            I too received rejection letter and package in February, for improper filing. I didn’t include four digits for expiration on my debit card I used two digits instead. I just resent package with a new form for debit card. My GC was expired when I resend package and my case was received and I got a receipt notice in 4 weeks.
            Hi, did you submit the same documents that has been returned and just added or changed what necessary documents were? I noticed that the returned documents has some watermarked at the bottom just like they already scanned those documents. I wonder if I need to reprint all the documents instead of reusing it.

Comment

I just resend the paperwork and correct the one that was the problem. They already scan the documents and the forms. Correct whatever they want and then send your package. It took 3 weeks for them to cash my check after I resend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerryt View Post
                I just resend the paperwork and correct the one that was the problem. They already scan the documents and the forms. Correct whatever they want and then send your package. It took 3 weeks for them to cash my check after I resend.
                Did USCIS issue different case number when you resubmitted your documents?

Comment

Yes I got a different receipt #

Comment

Originally posted by mc2364 View Post

HI there! I think my application will be rejected because of the check i mailed out. Did you get a notification/letter after you re-submitted everything after your GC expired? Really getting anxious as it took me 1 month before i got the rejection notice the first time and my GC expires June 11, 2021. Im so scared

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X