• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect amount on credit card form

8/2/19: Green card issued
    7/12/21: sent package to lockbox
    7/15/21: package received and signed by someone ????????‍♀️

No response until today. I kept running my mind through the possibilities. If I made a mistake with the application but I haven’t gotten a rejection or anything like that. I was then concern about about my credit card because my bank sometimes may reject a charge but I still haven’t gotten anything.
    Yesterday while reading some posts I saw that people paid $680 I kept wondering why cos I thought I saw that biometrics was $150 and so my total amount was $765. I am now wondering if they would reject my application because the amount was incorrect or too much. Does anyone have any idea?

Originally posted by Sariekpes View Post
    8/2/19: Green card issued
    7/12/21: sent package to lockbox
    7/15/21: package received and signed by someone ????????‍♀️

No response until today. I kept running my mind through the possibilities. If I made a mistake with the application but I haven’t gotten a rejection or anything like that. I was then concern about about my credit card because my bank sometimes may reject a charge but I still haven’t gotten anything.
    Yesterday while reading some posts I saw that people paid $680 I kept wondering why cos I thought I saw that biometrics was $150 and so my total amount was $765. I am now wondering if they would reject my application because the amount was incorrect or too much. Does anyone have any idea?
    Your application might be rejected for incorrect payment amount. They are strict in terms of requirements. Less or over amount will not be accepted. Check USCIS website for more info. Its taking so long as they will return your entire packet. Please give them a call to find out. They will be able to tell you.

Comment

Thanks. I called and they said it was rejected. I will submit another application with the correct fees. I am hoping that was the only issue.

Comment

Initial filing was 7/15/21. Green card expired 8/2/2021.
        My application was returned with all the documents I sent. I-797c stated that it was rejected for incorrect amount which I was expecting. There was a green paper attached and I was told to put it at the top of my application and if I filed i was to file again all conditions that apply to the new date will apply. It took them over a month to reply and so my new filing date will be after the expiration date of my GC. I filed my application again august 28th and included a letter of explanation as my application was now late.
        It was delivered 9/1/21. Acct was charged 9/2/21 for $680, text received 9/3/21. Waiting to get the letter in the mail.
        I tried to track the receipt number on USCIS website but it says receipt number not found. But I’ll be checking the mail every day till I see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sariekpes View Post
          I tried to track the receipt number on USCIS website but it says receipt number not found. But I’ll be checking the mail every day till I see it!
          If you call USCIS, they can give you the case number.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X