I-751 LIN / Lincoln Service Center / Nebraska Only Filed 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sevhead View Post
    We filed my husbands I-751 through LIN in May of 2021. His case was updated to the biometric appointment being waived in June 2021 and we have been at a standstill ever since. We filed N-400 at the end of July 2022. I am hoping the N-400 doesn’t stop him from receiving his 10 year green card in the next couple months.
    They will likely do a combo interview for both forms unless somehow they issue the 10 year card before the interview. He will have to surrender his green card for citizenship.
    2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
    07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
    07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
    07-17: Checks cashed
    07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
    07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
    07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
    08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
    08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
    10-04: AP approved
    11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
    11-29: EAD approved

Comment

Hello LIN I-751 2021 Filers,

Posting this update for the thread.

Our I-751 case at LIN processing center is still pending, no changes since July 2021.

But this 2022, we filed an N-400 application for naturalization as we became qualified on July 2022.

We have now received an N-400 interview scheduled for November 2022. Our local office is Seattle, WA.

So if you are still waiting for your I-751 but are already qualified for naturalization, we recommend you do it, because as you can see, the N-400 seems to get a faster response from our USCIS folks.

Any suggestions on how we can best prepare for the November interview for N-400 and possibly for the I-751 as well will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Our I-751 case at LIN processing center is still pending, no changes since July 2021.

But this 2022, we filed an N-400 application for naturalization as we became qualified on July 2022.

We have now received an N-400 interview scheduled for November 2022. Our local office is Seattle, WA.

So if you are still waiting for your I-751 but are already qualified for naturalization, we recommend you do it, because as you can see, the N-400 seems to get a faster response from our USCIS folks.

Any suggestions on how we can best prepare for the November interview for N-400 and possibly for the I-751 as well will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
        Congrats!!!!!!! This is awesome. Thanks for pushing us to submit our application. Mine was submitted in late August...but I should have done it since June

Few questions for you, please:
        1) We are planning to travel. Between the day you got your interview letter and the appt, how many days do you have?
        2) if you pass your interview, but your i751 has not been approved yet...how do they proceed with your case?
        3) How many days between submitting your application and getting the invite for an interview?

Thank you!!! Congrats again!!

Comment

Cheers,
          Maybe but does not happen to everyone. I for example applied for citizenship while 751 was pending but just the 751 got approved and N400 is stuck.

It's just that Seattle for whatever reason is moving REALLY fast. So, lucky you, congrats
          2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
          07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
          07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
          07-17: Checks cashed
          07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
          07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
          07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
          08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
          08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
          10-04: AP approved
          11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
          11-29: EAD approved

Comment

Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

Congrats!!!!!!! This is awesome. Thanks for pushing us to submit our application. Mine was submitted in late August...but I should have done it since June

Few questions for you, please:
            1) We are planning to travel. Between the day you got your interview letter and the appt, how many days do you have?
            2) if you pass your interview, but your i751 has not been approved yet...how do they proceed with your case?
            3) How many days between submitting your application and getting the invite for an interview?

Thank you!!! Congrats again!!
            Hi B_Andie,

Answers to your questions:

1.) 38 days
            2.) From what I've read around the forums, they will usually interview for both N-400 and I-751
            3.) 70 days more or less

Cheers,
            G&A

Comment

Hi B_Andie,

Answers to your questions:

1.) 38 days
              2.) From what I've read around the forums, they will usually interview for both N-400 and I-751
              3.) 70 days more or less

Cheers,
              G&A
              Thank you, Gaps!! When you can, please, share how you are planning to prep !!

Comment

Thank you, Gaps!! When you can, please, share how you are planning to prep !!
                Hi B_Andie,

For the N-400, print a copy of the application form, photocopy of GC, photocopy of valid photo ID (driver's license), current foreign passport, download USCIS Civics Test app to practice naturalization Q&A. The app is available in both OS and Android. I've managed to ace the question challenge after about 1 week

We are also preparing to bring a copy of our I-751 application form in case the interview is a dual adjudication of both the N-400 and the I-751. We plan to read the copies of these forms a week before the interview, and another pass through reading the night before the interview, to avoid missed/conflicting answers.

If you have other preparation ideas, please share.

Cheers,
                Gaps

Comment

Hi B_Andie,

For the N-400, print a copy of the application form, photocopy of GC, photocopy of valid photo ID (driver's license), current foreign passport, download USCIS Civics Test app to practice naturalization Q&A. The app is available in both OS and Android. I've managed to ace the question challenge after about 1 week

We are also preparing to bring a copy of our I-751 application form in case the interview is a dual adjudication of both the N-400 and the I-751. We plan to read the copies of these forms a week before the interview, and another pass through reading the night before the interview, to avoid missed/conflicting answers.

If you have other preparation ideas, please share.

Cheers,
                  Gaps
                  Thanks, Gaps! I am planning to do the same. Concerning apps, I will use Citizen now. Something I read is to make sure that both IDs are updated and include the correct address.

Question - how do you know you need to bring your spouse? Does the letter say it will be a combo interview?

Comment

Thanks, Gaps! I am planning to do the same. Concerning apps, I will use Citizen now. Something I read is to make sure that both IDs are updated and include the correct address.

Question - how do you know you need to bring your spouse? Does the letter say it will be a combo interview?
                    I read the part about some with a pending I-751 going into an N-400 interview in some other forum threads, and there have been occasions when the immigration officer asked for the applicant's spouse so the I-751 can be adjudicated in the same interview, so I have asked mine to be available on my interview date and come with me and be at the oath taking ceremony.

Comment

Update
                      07/06/2021: i751 submitted. LIN office was assigned.
                      07/06/2022: N400 submitted online. i751 still pending. . .
                      10/12/2022: N400 interview scheduled notice in the mail. I751 still pending . . .

gaps0214 thanks for sharing your prep tips. I think it’s perfect. Nothing more to add or do.

I’ll update this post after the interview. Good luck to everyone!​
                      Chicago
                      04/11/19 : Priority Date (i130, i130A, i145, i765, i864, i693 l USC spouse)
                      05/13/19 : Biometrics
                      05/15/19 : Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                      08/16/19 : EAD Card is being produced.
                      08/20/19 : We Scheduled an interview
                      08/21/19 : EAD approval and Card in hand
                      09/30/19 : Interview
                      09/30/19 : New Card is in Production (I485)

Comment

I read the part about some with a pending I-751 going into an N-400 interview in some other forum threads, and there have been occasions when the immigration officer asked for the applicant's spouse so the I-751 can be adjudicated in the same interview, so I have asked mine to be available on my interview date and come with me and be at the oath taking ceremony.

News! I got my interview invite today. I am scheduled for 12/14/22.

Gaps, your interview is coming up please make sure you share all the details...!! Thank you for encouraging me to submit my application. I got the interview almost 2 months after filing...crazy!

Comment

News! I got my interview invite today. I am scheduled for 12/14/22.

Gaps, your interview is coming up please make sure you share all the details...!! Thank you for encouraging me to submit my application. I got the interview almost 2 months after filing...crazy!
                          Happy for you B_Andie

No worries, will post N-400 interview deets when its all done.

I'm quite excited myself because the prep day is coming soon on the 3rd of November which means printing out the N-400 form we filed, the I-751 form we filed, requesting tax transcripts from the IRS, and reviewing through the evidence checklist for both N-400 and I-751forms see if we're missing anything or if we have to add updated evidence.

Wishing you all the best with your N-400 interview.

Cheers,
                          Gaps

Comment

Happy for you B_Andie

No worries, will post N-400 interview deets when its all done.

I'm quite excited myself because the prep day is coming soon on the 3rd of November which means printing out the N-400 form we filed, the I-751 form we filed, requesting tax transcripts from the IRS, and reviewing through the evidence checklist for both N-400 and I-751forms see if we're missing anything or if we have to add updated evidence.

Wishing you all the best with your N-400 interview.

Cheers,
                            Gaps
                            Thank you! do you have a list of items to bring during the interview? I am thinking all that we submitted for i751 and N400 (including IRS)...

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you! do you have a list of items to bring during the interview? I am thinking all that we submitted for i751 and N400 (including IRS)...

Thank you!
                              Passport*
                              Green Card*
                              Driver's License*
                              Printed copy of N-400 application and evidence submitted
                              Printed copy of I-751 application and evidence submitted
                              Other new evidence in a separate file (IRS transcript of returns filed, new photos, etc.)

*These are the items I read in other forum that people were asked to be ready with before being called into the N-400 interview.
                              The rest in my list are not necessarily required but its better to be ready in case its going to be asked.

Cheers,
                              Gaps

Comment

Hello everyone,

I just came out of an N-400 interview with a pending I-751 at LIN processing center.

I brought my husband to the N-400 interview in case they wanted to do a combo adjudication.

When it was my turn to be called in, my husband was told to stay in the waiting area.

I told the IO while we were walking to her office that I brought my husband because of a pending I-751, and she said that some other IOs would require the spouse to be present in cases of a pending I-751 but for her, she said she will process the N-400 and if I pass it, she will review the I-751 and approve it without the need for another interview.

The interview went well, citizenship questions, yes and no answers, confirmation of personal information, and then I got a paper that I have passed the naturalization exams and I am approved for naturalization, however the oath taking will have to be scheduled because she needs to approve the A-file for the I-751 first.

She said to watch for the mail on the oath-taking ceremony.

Almost there.

Cheers,

Gaps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X