Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

485 Approved, Card Picked up by USPS, but lost in Transit. What options do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 485 Approved, Card Picked up by USPS, but lost in Transit. What options do I have?

My 485 was approved on 08/31/2022 and the card was picked up by USPS on 09/07/2022. My wife's card was also picked up the same day, but it was delivered on 09/09/2022, but my package tracking status is still showing as "In Transit, Arriving Late" as of today (09/13/2022). Even USPS is also not able to properly locate the package. If the package is lost by USPS, what options do I have? I have below questions related to my situation.
    • Should I have to file I-90 for getting a replacement card or is there any other way?
    • How long will USCIS take to process and ship me the replacement card?
    • In the meantime can I change employer with just the I-485 Approval notice without the physical Green Card?
    Thanks

Originally posted by sundareshwarj View Post
    My 485 was approved on 08/31/2022 and the card was picked up by USPS on 09/07/2022. My wife's card was also picked up the same day, but it was delivered on 09/09/2022, but my package tracking status is still showing as "In Transit, Arriving Late" as of today (09/13/2022). Even USPS is also not able to properly locate the package. If the package is lost by USPS, what options do I have? I have below questions related to my situation.
    • Should I have to file I-90 for getting a replacement card or is there any other way?
    • How long will USCIS take to process and ship me the replacement card?
    • In the meantime can I change employer with just the I-485 Approval notice without the physical Green Card?
    Thanks
    I know this is an old post, but replying because we just went through this with my husband. We were married a few years ago and he applied to have the conditions removed from his green card. We received a letter stating he was okay to be in the country for the next year and then a letter stating ...

Last edited by Mike E; 09-30-2022, 08:51 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X