Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do I need to stay in USA before I can travel again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do I need to stay in USA before I can travel again?

I have a Green Card. I recently stayed outside the US for 5 months. How long do I need to stay in the US before I can travel out of country again? Thanks for your time
    Last edited by drax1; 10-18-2022, 09:33 AM.

Originally posted by drax1 View Post
    I have a Green Card. I recently stayed outside the US for 5 months. How long do I need to stay in the US before I can travel out of country again? Thanks for your time
    5 months plus a day.

Comment

I have a similar question for my mother who has a GC. She travelled to India from Sept 7 2022 to Jan 5 2023. How long does she need to stay in USA before traveling again? Need to attend an event in India in mid-June.

Comment

Originally posted by vMax View Post
        I have a similar question for my mother who has a GC. She travelled to India from Sept 7 2022 to Jan 5 2023. How long does she need to stay in USA before traveling again? Need to attend an event in India in mid-June.
        121 days.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Mike E.

Comment

There is no published hard rule as to how long you need to stay in USA between visits.

At the POE you'll be asked about the time you've spent outside USA - as long as you satisfy the officer that your visit outside USA was temporary (<6 months) & even if you were outside, you're still maintaining your USA home/lease/job etc & paying bills/submitting tax returns etc. You are fine.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X