Applying N-400 while i-751 pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying N-400 while i-751 pending

Hey everyone , im planing to apply online for n-400 next week and my i-751 is still pending. My i-751 is taking so long and it has been 15 months. I have 2 simple questions.

1- My 2 year card is expired. When im applying online for n-400 i gotta attach my Greencard but since it is expired should i also attach 24 months extension letter ?
    2- Did you guys submit some pictures when you are applying N-400? Since it is citizenship i couldnt decide but probably it will be combo interview at this point. So what would be the suggestion?

Thank you for all responses.

Originally posted by dexter987 View Post
    Hey everyone , im planing to apply online for n-400 next week and my i-751 is still pending. My i-751 is taking so long and it has been 15 months. I have 2 simple questions.

1- My 2 year card is expired. When im applying online for n-400 i gotta attach my Greencard but since it is expired should i also attach 24 months extension letter ?
    2- Did you guys submit some pictures when you are applying N-400? Since it is citizenship i couldnt decide but probably it will be combo interview at this point. So what would be the suggestion?

Thank you for all responses.
    Hello there,

By all means go for your N-400.

The application is online, and you have 30 days to complete and submit. Note that every time you log into the application, the 30 day counter restarts, so take your time.

The instructions for N-400 are quite clear and self-explanatory.

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes, upload both your GC scan and the extension letters
    2. There is also an opportunity for you to upload new evidence for ROC on pending I-751, we submitted new photos, and new documents (insurance policies, credit cards, membership cards, etc) - you do this with the unsolicited documents

Adjust your expectations when you receive an N-400 interview schedule (if your I-751 continues to be pending). We had our N-400 interview and passed, IO did not accommodate a combo interview even as my spouse was with me, she said that some IO require the combo interview in cases of a pending I-751 during the N-400 interview, but she doesn't, and said she will review our I-751 A-file and barring any further questions there should be no need for another interview and we should expect an invitation to the oath-taking ceremony by mail.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post

Hello there,

The application is online, and you have 30 days to complete and submit. Note that every time you log into the application, the 30 day counter restarts, so take your time.

2. There is also an opportunity for you to upload new evidence for ROC on pending I-751, we submitted new photos, and new documents (insurance policies, credit cards, membership cards, etc) - you do this with the unsolicited documents

Adjust your expectations when you receive an N-400 interview schedule (if your I-751 continues to be pending). We had our N-400 interview and passed, IO did not accommodate a combo interview even as my spouse was with me, she said that some IO require the combo interview in cases of a pending I-751 during the N-400 interview, but she doesn't, and said she will review our I-751 A-file and barring any further questions there should be no need for another interview and we should expect an invitation to the oath-taking ceremony by mail.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
      Wow congrats! Now that your N400 was approved and you are expecting an invitation to the oath-taking ceremony, does the 751 application still matter?

Comment

Hello there,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
        Thank you for sharing you experience and Congrats

When im uploading extension letter , should i upload it where we scan the `Greencard` section or should i upload it `supported documents` section? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dexter987 View Post

Thank you for sharing you experience and Congrats

When im uploading extension letter , should i upload it where we scan the `Greencard` section or should i upload it `supported documents` section? Thank you.
          Upload your Green Card with the extension letters in the same scan file.

I understand the I-751 needs to be sorted out and approved before you get an invite for oath-taking even as you pass the N-400 interview.

Happy thanksgiving

Comment

Upload your Green Card with the extension letters in the same scan file.

I understand the I-751 needs to be sorted out and approved before you get an invite for oath-taking even as you pass the N-400 interview.

Happy thanksgiving
            Thank you and happy thanksgiving

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X