Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Birth Certificate

Hi,
    From my understanding, to file I-485, we need to do either of the following with respect to birth certificate.

1) Produce the original birth certificate from Birth records department from my place of birth

OR

2) Produce a letter from the birth department that they dont have any birth records in my name and an affidavidt from parents/relatives stating my date of birth.

In my case, my original date of birth is different from the ones that I have in my passport & school & college documents. Also I dont have my original birth certificate with me. Hence I would not be able to do neither of the above.

Could any one suggest on what could be done in this case?

Thanks in advance,
    Sheila

What you did!

What you did. Please share.

Comment

Two ways to fix your birth certificate...

You got a problem that cannot be fixed as you (or your guardian) have produced an incorect date of birth. A person seeking not-so-legal way would assume he has no birth certificate. I don't recommend it though :hat

Producing a letter from the birth department that they dont have any birth records in your name is not sufficient. You need to get a new birth certificate.

Here is what can be done if you don't have any birth certificate.

Go to a lawyer and tell that you don't have a birth certificate (most of the certificates don't have the child's name anyway as we don't name the baby for few weeks)

He will produce your dad in front of a magistrate and your dad needs to confirm that you don't have a birth record.

There will be an advertisement on the paper notifying the whole world about this.

After 30 days, you will be issued with a birth certificate by the court.

On top of this, you need to get an affidavit from your mom and dad (each one) that you have no prior birth records and the new one is the *only* one

Here is what you need to do if your bith date is correct, but no name is mentioned:

Just get an affidavit from your mom and dad (each one) that confirms the date, time, place and other details of the certificates are correct and the name is left out.

Good luck,
      Nat.

Comment

What is date on birth certificate is differnt than passport

nkrishan
        Thanks for detailed reply.
        You are guru man. Could you tell me what to do if date on birth certificate is different than date on passport. Date on passport is what is on all other certificates.
        Appreciate you response
        thanks again

Comment

read https://www.immihelp.com/birth-certi...ion-and-visas/
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X