Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better chance of approving I-140 if filed w/o I-485?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better chance of approving I-140 if filed w/o I-485?

I was told that there is a better chance of I-140 being approved if it is filed separately from I-485? Can anyone confirm this based on his/her experience?

Also, I know that it is possible to file concurrently I-140 and I-485 or first file I-140 and after it gets approved file for I-485. My question is: Is it possible to file I-140 separately and after that, before I-140 is approved to file I-485 i.e. have the applications filed separately but get the clock going on I-485 without waiting for the I-140 approval?

Any thoughts/advices/ideas are greatly appreciated!

I don't think chance of I-140 is affected whether you file I-485 concurrently or together.

Experiences are at http://www.immihelp.com/experience/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

You may file them concurrently, but both has different processing times and I140 has nothing to do with I485. You will loose time if you don't file together. People talk a lot with little or no knowledge.

This is not a legal advice. This information is from various sources on the Internet.

Comment

Filing I-485 prior to I-140 approval with LC Substituiton

nycwny,

Filing I-485 prior to I-140 approval with LC Substituiton:

I'm planning to do the same, earlier my company policy was to wait for I-140 approval prior to filing for I-485. Now they say you may take the risk and pay cost of I-485 if it gets rejected because I-140 go rejected.

I'm taking this chance and applying. Hopefully in few weeks i will have I-485 dates too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X