Follow-to-join Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow-to-join Case

Basically, I need to bring my wife to US (I was married before my 485 was approved). I know I-824 process takes lot of time now a days and even lawyers do not advise that. I heard something like - Visa Omega, which is an alternative to I-824. I appreciate any ideas/information.

Thanks again.

Follow-to-join Case

Hi Friends,
    Any thoughts/information about follow-to-join case? Please advise.
    Thanks

Comment

Follow to join

I am not sure if you have any other option other than family petition for your spouse. Marriage date does not matter in I-485 follow-to-join cases, what matter is that your dependent should be added to your application while it is pending. Once your AOS(I-485) is approved you can not add your spouse even though you were married before approval date.

Thanks,

Comment

Re: Follow to join - HELP!!

I am in the same situation. I think I made a mistake by not applying for 7th year extension. I am on EAD/AP. I140/I485 pending AOS.
        My H1 is about to expire end of Dec. I was thinking of going to my home country to get married. Can I get my spouse in such a short time. Will the visa office grant my dependent an H4 knowing that I have an intention to immigrate. ( This is unrealistic). I came to the US on an L1. What other best solution do I have for this kind of problem.
        Please advise! and thanks for the information.

Comment

Actually from my researched it shouldn't matter. Meaning as long as you get married one day before your I-485 is approved, you can still do FTJ for your wife.
          Also check with your lawyer..

The Dude
          Last edited by Guest; 09-28-2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X