gay marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gay marriage

Hi, My name is Walt Mathews. I am a citizen of India. I live in california, and my current status is F-1 (student). I work for a company, and I am using my work permit through school. I haven't ask then to apply for my H-1.
    I am gay, and I have been in a relationship for the last 2 years. My boyfriend is an American, and we were wondering if he could apply for my greencard, if we get married?
    Is gay marriage legal as far as immigration is concered?

Same-sex marriage is not recognized by the immigration laws (and not even by most civil jurisdictions in the US...)

Comment

green card marraige

Hi this is Walter again. So US immigration law won't consider gay marriage for immigration purposes (and its a free country ha!). Well I have option to apply for my GC through my employment.

I have so many lesbian friends, and they are willing to help me by getting married on papers, however i am kinda concern about this whole situation. Is it safe to do this? We can live together, and pretent that we are married. Please give some information on this.
      Thaks
      -Walt

Comment

Re: won't work

Marriages of convenience are illegal, and trying to do that can get you deported and banned for life.

Comment

maybe you should file for asylum (based on your situation being gay and depending on your contry's position about gay rights). if you get an asylum, you're still temporary, not permanent, "as far as conditions still exist", meaning : if your country persecutes gay relations, you can obtain an asylum status in USa, as long as your country has this position; if laws change in your country, allowing gay right, usa will suspend your asylum status.

this may giv you time to find something else... hope it will work

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X