Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP and previous visitor visa applications

Hello:

I am going to apply for my citizenship very soon after which I will apply for the Green Cards of my parents.

My parents had previously applied for visitor's visa (non-immigrant B2 visa ) but each time they were refused on reason 214B. Now when I apply for their greencards, will the fact that they had applied for visitor's visa twice before and both the times were refused cause a problem with their green card process?

Do the consulate officers take strict interview, the way it is done when applying for visitors visa?

Generally speaking, what is the basis of rejection?

Thanks
    Mariya

THe interview for an immigrant visa is quite different...
    For a visitor visa, the applicant has to prove that he or she doesn't intend to immigrate to the US. With an immigrant visa, that obviously doesn't apply. The person wants to immigrate.
    So, the only immigrant visa rejections are for health issues (if the person has a communicable disease) and missing paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeF
      THe interview for an immigrant visa is quite different...
      For a visitor visa, the applicant has to prove that he or she doesn't intend to immigrate to the US. With an immigrant visa, that obviously doesn't apply. The person wants to immigrate.
      So, the only immigrant visa rejections are for health issues (if the person has a communicable disease) and missing paperwork.
      I really would like to know if the consul will refer to your previous application form for B1/B2 visa when he interviews you for Immigrant visa. Will he discover inconsistencies between the two records?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X