AOS/Motion to Reopen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS/Motion to Reopen

1. Dec 2001- wife (US citizen) Filed I 130 /AOS/EAD/Parole visa - from our old address
    2. March 2002- Received. EAD/Parole visa and acceptance letter to our old address.
    3.April 2002- filed AR 11 to Washington Dc and Dallas local office (change of address letter) stating that we moved to new address
    4.Nov 2002- Finger printing Letter mailed to my old address but got forwarded somehow to my new address and I went for finger printing.
    5.Then went to INS local office and contacted the officer and changed the address in the computer. Since then I never received any correspondence on I-485.
    6. Jan 2003- Filed for EAD /Advance Parole (second) renewal with my new address.
    7. March 2003- Received EAD/Parole visa papers to my new address.
    8. Dec 2003- Filed for EAD renewal to TSC, Mesquite office (Mistakenly mailed to TSC Mesquite office, instead of Dallas local office)
    9. Dec 2003- Received letter that line item # 16 needs to be filled out and mailed to TSC (empty envelope was provided by TSC, Mesquite address to mail back)
    10. Dec 2003- Sent corrected EAD form to Mesquite office.
    11. Feb 2004- Received a notice that the case has been transferred to Dallas office
    12. March 2003- Went to INS –Dallas office to get Interim EAD card, because my EAD was expiring on April 1st, 2004.
    13. April 1st 2004, officer told that my file was closed as I did not attend interview that was scheduled in September 2003. But, I never received any letter/documentation from INS about this interview. Then, officer suggested to file for motion to reopen the closed I 485 case stating that I did not received interview letter and I did the same.
    14. INS officer said I have to wait until INS sends me a grant on the Motion to Reopen via a written letter and I need to take the letter to the local office again and get my Interim EAD card.

Now I don’t know what to do and my company took me out of payroll. I am really worried and don’t know what do I do. I have few questions, and I will be highly appreciate if you can give me some advice on the below questions:

1. What status I am now, as I have filed for Motion to reopen the case?
    2. How long would you suggest me to wait for a letter from INS (granting to reopen or deny the case)?
    3. Can I withdraw the motion to reopen and refile AOS under the Pilot Program in Dallas.
    4. While refilling – what status should I mention in the form?
    5. I heard from May 3rd, 2004 a new Pilot I -485 program was launched in Dallas. Can I apply for that?
    6. If I can apply I – 485 Pilot program, I have to schedule an appointment via Info Pass, but currently it’s not available from my Zip code. How should I schedule an appointment?
    7. On the first scheduled interview date, I need to take my I – 130 filing receipt notice. I have the SRC number for I 181. Is that sufficient along with the I – 864 (Affidavit of Support)?
    8. Should I have to do the Medicals 10 days before the interview date? If yes, can I go to the INS approved Doctors directly requesting for medicals?
    9. What other documents would I need to send with refiling.

When did you file the motion? The same day they told you you could (April 1st)?

I also had to file a motion to reopen due to filing some documents late. It took USCIS around 2 weeks to get back to me with their decision, which was to grant my GC and reverse their decision to deny my case. Good luck with yours.

Joanne

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X