Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2B Topic : Does F2B really takes 7 to 8 years to wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2B Topic : Does F2B really takes 7 to 8 years to wait?

Hi.

My situation: petitioned for F2B by parents
    : Unmarried
    Petition date: May 97

I have been checking the visa bulletin every month. However, after discovering this group/site, I read some of the user's experiences that their F2B petition only took around 7 or 8 yrs. Mine is on it's 6th yr now. The visa bulletin for F2B is currently May 95 (did'nt move since Oct. 2003). With the rate it's moving now, I think it's impossible to be at the same rate like what other experienced.

So, my question is, does immigration really follow what is on the internet visa bulletin? Or is it normally F2B petition takes 7 to 8 yrs?

Thanks.
    :hat

F2B Petition

Hi,

My was similar to yours. I was originally a derivative beneficiary under a F2B petition (1990) from my PR grandmother for my mother. I had aged out by the time my mother received her green card in 1997. She then filed a petition for me in 1997 under F2B. In 2002 my mother filed for naturalization and attended the oath ceremony in October 2003. At this point, my preference category was immediately converted to F1 and therefore my priority date was current. In Nov. 2003, I filed for Adjustment of Status and have so far received my EAD in late January of 2004. I'm still waiting for my AOS interview.

I'm wondering though, in a previous post you mentioned being married. If you are married and neither of your parents are citizens, then the application filed on your behalf when you were unmarried is not valid anymore. It would be best to have your mother (or either parent) apply for naturalization, and then have them apply for you and your spouse. Of course, this would now be under F3 which has a 6 or 7 year wait.

But as general info. yes it does seem to take about 7 years for an F2B petition. (that's how long it took for my mother's).

regards,
    Gabba

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X