I-485 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 Question

My father applied I-130 for me 4 years ago, and I received I-130 approval notice just now.

Now I am filling in the form of I-485, it also requires I-864(Affidavit of Support) and I-693(medical examination). Someone told me that it is not neccessary to file I-693 or I-864 now, since I-693 will be only valid for 6 months, when I received a notification for I-485 approval 2 years later, I need to redo the medical examination. So does I-864, which needs 3 years of tax return, after 2 years, I need to resubmit the same form again.

Is that true?

Thanks a lot.

So does I-864, which needs 3 years of tax return, after 2 years, I need to resubmit the same form again.
    If your father filed an I-130 for you hes the one filling out the I-864 (affidavid of support) not you. As he must show that he makes above the poverty line requirements that BCIS want.

Joanne

Comment

Thanks a lot.

But I have income, but my father is retired, so I can submit I-864A for proving myself. In that case, there is a requirement for the tax return of the last 3 years.

I am wondering if my submission now will become invalid next year or so when I-485 is being approved.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank a lot.

Sincerely, Howard

Comment

But I have income, but my father is retired, so I can submit I-864A for proving myself. In that case, there is a requirement for the tax return of the last 3 years
        Ok, the following is a direct cut and paste from the BCIS web site for the I-864A.

"This contract is intended to benefit the sponsored immigrant(s) and any agency of the Federal Government, any agency of a State or local government, or any private entity to which the sponsor has an obligation under the affidavit of support to reimburse for benefits granted to the sponsored immigrant. This contract may be enforced in any court with appropriate jurisdiction.

By signing this form, a household member who is not a sponsored immigrant, agrees to make his or her income and/or assets available to the sponsor to help support the immigrant for whom the sponsor has filed an affidavit of support."

Ok, now to me this means that you cannot file an I-864A as the sponsored immigrant. The sponsor must reside and work in the USA to show income that they can support you so that you don't become a ward of the state. If your fathers retired he must find a co-sponsor to help him out. He would still fill out the I-864 and the co-sponsor would fill out the I-864A form. I've never heard of a intended immigrant filling out this form.

Joanne

Comment

How to proceed for I-485?

I am currently on H1B1 status working in the USA, state NJ. I have a pending petition for immigrant relative I-130 (ummarried over 21) pending at INS by my FATHER who in Citizen.
          Previouly it was known that i hv to go for consular processing after I-130 petition gets approved. Kindly guide me the procedure now?

Advance Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X