lost GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost GC

I have lost my GC while travelling abroad.i have registered with the local police and have inquired about how to get the travel docment before travelling US.....but can someone tell me where after reaching US i will have to file for a new GC or is it done at the airport immigration itself??and how much time does it take to get the GC once it is applied.

For a replacement GC, you file an I-90 at your local USCIS office. You also need to get the stamp in the passport.
    It takes as long as a new GC, meaning it is pretty much unpredictable. From what I've heard, the timeframe is between 2 weeks and over 1 year...

Comment

lost GC

Thanx for reply joeF i really appreciate it.One last question is that can i apply from abroad to US INS for my lost GC to save time n to get it soon or do i have to appear in person at the loal office when i get to US?I have been to the closest embassy and they said to come when i plan travel they didnt even take any complaint.I am a lil confused. HELP!!

Comment

Hmm, if you are abroad it gets more complicated. You need to go to the US consulate in your home country, and get a visa from them to enter the US. You have to give them evidence that you in fact are a Permanent Resident, e.g., a copy of your GC, or at least your A#.
        Once in the US, you have to go in person to your local USCIS office to file an I-90.
        You should do all this as soon as possible. You do know that as PR, you have to reside in the US at all times, anyway, right?
        So I assume that you have a round trip flight which ends in the US. Tell the consulate personnel about your return flight, and they should be able to give you a visa (of course, don't do that just 1 day before departure...)

Comment

lost GC

Thanx joef that solves everything except what u said that the home country will issue me travel document....i am travelling abroad but not in my home country....just a visit to meet my family n friends but i dont have a return ticket but yeah i know as a PR i have to b in US but its just a short trip.I hope i can get a travel documnet issued in this country where i lost my GC whiletravelling??

Comment

Any US consulate should be able to give you a travel document to allow you back in to the US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X