GC application Query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC application Query.

thanx for your reply joEf. another question is that can i after applyin for my husband's GC come bak in no time or do i have to wait there for some replies....cause i plan to come bak in 15 days as i have to join summer courses here. i will apply for my reentry and my husband's GC together.

Re: GC application Query

Sorry, I'm missing some context... what is "here" and "there"? I can't see other posts when I'm answering, so I have to guess.
    Some general things:
    As a PR, you have to reside in the US. Any trip abroad has to be temporary in nature, with a clear ending date.
    You have to be in the US to apply for a reentry permit.

Comment

GC application Query.

Sorry for confusion. Let me start all over again.
      I have been a GC holder since Jan'02. I have been staying partly in the US and partly in India but never having stayed outside the US for more than 5 months.Now I am married and accompanying my husband in the UK on a dependant visa.
      So now my question is, when I come to the US to apply for the re-entry permit and to file a petition for my spouse's GC, do I have to wait for a certain period of time after filing the applications or can I travel back to the UK immediately as soon as I have applied for re-entry & GC. Or even more, can I file for my spouse's GC while residing in the UK as from what I have gathered its all by post only. Also, can my husband travel to the US while his GC applpication is in process?He currently has a 10yr multiple entry tourist visa to the US and has visited the country twice before getting married.
      I would appreciate your comments on this and wish for the best way of carrying out the application process.

Comment

Re: GC application Query

For the reentry permit, the only requirement is that you are in the US when you file it. After that, you can travel abroad.
        For the I-130, there is as far as I know no requirement to file it while in the US.
        You have to watch out, though. You ask if you can file the I-130 "while residing in the UK". As a Permanent Resident, you always have to reside in the US. If you move your residence outside the US, you immediately lose the GC. Any stay abroad has to be temporary in nature.
        With an I-130 filed, your husband has shown immigration intent. This makes it pretty much impossible to enter the US on a non-immigrant visa like the B2, because it does not allow immigration intent. Only the non-immgrant H1 and L1 visas allow immigration intent.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X