Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card application for parents

Hi,

I am a US citizen and wanted to file a GC application for my mom. I understand I have to fill I-130, based on the information listed in the family greencard section of immihelp. But what is unclear is that, do I have to fill I-864 and submit its supporting documents along with I-130?

The reason for the confusion is that the filing instructions on I-864 talks about sending the form and supporting documents to the person you are sponsoring in a sealed envelop, which they have to carry with them at the time of the interview.

I would appreciate any guidance in this regard.

Thank you.

-Mehboob

I-864

As far as I know, the way the process works is that you fill out I-130 and sent it to the regional service center (texas, vermont etc). From here, the file goes to the National Processing Center (in New Hampshire) and from there it goes to the country where your parents reside(if they are not living in USA). The immigration services will sent you the I-864 form which needs to be filled out.

Comment

Time? for I-130

Hi,

1) Does someone know how much time it takes for I-130? I am applying for my parents.
      2) Is it faster/slower to process I-130 depending upon the location (US different centers or India) of the application made/sent ?

Thx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X