Green card -false document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card -false document

Hello all, im in Indiana now and I am a green card holder. I came to US abt 6 years ago and I am planning to get my citizenship ..but i kinda am having problem with it because I came to US thru family based immigration (my maami sponsored for us), instead of putting my birth mother's name on the birth certificate, they processed my other deceased aunt as my mother(dont ask me why, cuzi dont even know!). So thats how i came to US as her daughter. (so my birth mother is considered as my step mother according to the certificates) Now is there a way i can change my mother's name ? like have my birth mother name back on the certificates instead of the deceased aunt ? Some of my nasty relatives are threatening/warning me that if i try to get citizenship, i'd be deported back ?is that true? so does that mean i can never get my citizenship in US? is there a way to work around it ?
    Please help/suggest. YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance
    Raj

Uh. You better see an immigration lawyer ASAP.
    This would be document fraud, and could mean that you could be stripped of your GC as well.
    It may be possible to prevent that on the basis of that it was done without your knowledge. But a lawyer is better suited to make that determination.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Joe for your reply. So, will I encounter problem with my citizenship? should I not try to get citizenship and jsut stay on the greencard status? Ive been here 6 years, and how can i prove that i was aware of it ? (which was true ), can i be deported if reported ? \thanks for ur help

Comment

See a lawyer!

You could get problems with your GC as well and could get deported if USCIS learns about this.
        See a lawyer!

Comment

Originally posted by rajmathur
          Hello all, im in Indiana now and I am a green card holder. I came to US abt 6 years ago and I am planning to get my citizenship ..but i kinda am having problem with it because I came to US thru family based immigration (my maami sponsored for us), instead of putting my birth mother's name on the birth certificate, they processed my other deceased aunt as my mother(dont ask me why, cuzi dont even know!). So thats how i came to US as her daughter. (so my birth mother is considered as my step mother according to the certificates) Now is there a way i can change my mother's name ? like have my birth mother name back on the certificates instead of the deceased aunt ? Some of my nasty relatives are threatening/warning me that if i try to get citizenship, i'd be deported back ?is that true? so does that mean i can never get my citizenship in US? is there a way to work around it ?
          Please help/suggest. YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. PLEASE HELP. Thanks in advance
          Raj
          How are you now?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X