Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child who did not received green card as over 21 Years, F-2B

Hi,

People who are really interested in sharing genuine information about getting US Visa are invited. Especially for Green Card Under F2-B category, for child who did not received green card with parents as over 21 Years. As waiting period for under this category is 9-10 yrs, so one have to live for this time all alone.

There are many related question like once file on under this can he get visitor visa? for how much time? and many more, come up with your doubts, solution, suggestion etc.

& Few are lucky enough to go over there on H1 visa or some other visa, stay with there family till F-2B petition become currant, So to get there experience, useful tips I am asking to come under one roof

This is special group for F-2B USA visa only. Come here to share idea 7 knowladge.

Intension is to bring all people together with similar need & work out for solution.

Thank You.

Hope by posting this I am not violating any board rule. Even if I please let me know before deleting or editing this post.

Aging Out

I have a question regarding the new law passed about Aging Out.

My grandmother who is a US citizen sponsored my mother in 1997. My mother's visa number is finally available and she my father, brother and younger sister are going to be receiving their green cards in a matter of time. Another sister an I however who are both over 21 did not receive any notices about green cards. From what I've read, it is my understanding that my sister and I can have our statuses changed to 2B and should not have to wait another 6 or more years before getting a green card because of the provisions of the "aging out" laws. The priority date was Oct. 1997 and at that time but of us were under 21. Am I right that we can have the statuses adjusted or do we have to start all over with my mother filling for us when she receives her green card??

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Re: Aging Out

You are lucky one! After so many years some good provision done in INS law. Yes, as per that your petition automatically will convert in F-2B & will get priority date will be same as original filling date. So you will be consider as all waiting for 6 years. So in next 3-4 years you will get Interview call also as petition becomes currant, but you should be unmarried at that time other wise consider be as a ineligible for that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X