Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Which form first to get wife here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Which form first to get wife here?

Your help would be most appreciated as these forms are most confusing. Here are the pertinent matters in my case:

1) I have been living in the US for twenty years and have a permanent resident (green) card.
    2) I used to be married until sixteen years ago when my wife died in the US. I do not have her death certificate or know the date she died. This may become a problem as I see a form asking for the information.
    3) I married one year ago in Trinidad, which is where I am originally from. My wife does not have a social security number or an A Number or any other number. She does have a nonimmigrant VISA but rarely travels. I am living in the US without her. I would like for her to be able to move here and live here with me in the US.
    4) I have income that is about $14,700 annually as a cashier. I think this brings me just over 30% above the poverty level as an individual. My wife is a meatcutter and would work if she came here.

It has been suggested to me that it would be easier for me to become a naturalized citizen first and that way there wouldn't be a delay for her but I don't know which forms need to come first, etc. I would like to do this as quickly as possible. Thank you for any help you can provide!

(@#%$ writing for Paul, who has no access to the Internet)

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X